Sun, Aug 30, 2026 thru Sat, Sep 5, 2026
I bought another crossing signal that wasn't included in a previous order on ebay.
Total: $38.04
Breakdown: Item $16.99 Shipping $17.99 Tax $3.06
Item: 2 x HO scale model railroad grade crossing arm gate stop lever w/light on gate
Mon, Aug 31, 2026
Train Day!
w/Rob Fair 6-8pm 2 hrs.
![]() |
| Rob Fair prepares for our first project tonight. Fixing the headlight in the AmTrak F40PH 250 locomotive |
![]() |
| Rob discovered the problem. The headlight was broken from the base of the headlight. He's waiting for the glue to set before putting the shell back on the locomotive. |
![]() |
| Rob also had to solder a wire that got severed when he put the shell back on the frame. |
![]() |
| Rob is testing to make sure the headlight is operational again. It is! |
![]() |
| Now it's time to collect the cars which were switched out to the grain elevator and the Industrial Park. |
![]() |
| Taking those cars in the Transfer Train to WeGo Yard for the Proviso Yard switchers to collect and classify at the Proviso Yard. |
Tue, Sep 1, 2026
No train activity today.
Wed, Sep 2, 2026
![]() |
| I have one more project to finish on the Train Order Board Project list. |
![]() |
| DONE! Replaced the end of the UT4 with a new connection and a new tab. |
![]() |
| This is the tool I used and everything turned out perfectly. |
![]() |
| That took 34 minutes. Not bad! |
Thu, Sep 3, 2026
![]() |
| I need to add a few more clipboards to the Train Order Board |
![]() |
| After labeling the clipboards I now need to label the dividers. |
![]() |
| I also had to reorganize the Train Order Board area to include the additional clipboards |
![]() |
| The new clipboards can be found under the Train Order Board |
![]() |
| I now have 12 clipboards - six on the top hook shown here just under the Train Order Board. And six located just underneath those first six clipboards. |
![]() |
| I hadn't planned this project, it just happened. That took 24 minutes. I'll write down .5 for the record. |
Fri, Sep 4, 2026
No Train activity today.
Sat, Sep 5, 2026
Lots of train activity today...
![]() |
| Today I'm going to make a stand for the prototype of the RR crossing I purchased from WeHonest on ebay. |
![]() |
| I'll put double tracks and mount the RR crossing gates here. |
![]() |
| Tracks secured. |
![]() |
| Laying out all the parts. |
![]() |
| Now to figure out how this works. |
![]() |
| That took me just a little over 1 hour. |
Later that day...
![]() |
| My grandkids stopped by and said, "Can we play trains?" Are you kidding me? Let's go. This is Ida. |
![]() |
| Charlie took the dispatcher's chair at Central Command Station. |
![]() |
| And Henry said, "This brought back a lot of memories." He had a good time running trains. |
To see more action of my grandkids running three trains on the layout...
to view YouTube video of this week in review.
Duration: 00:00 min:sec
Description
What's On Track this Week?
*Monday Night Project List
*Switching Grain Elevator
*Transfer Train to WeGo Track 1
*Fixing UT4 tab
*More clipboards for Train Order Board
*RR Crossing Prototype
*Special Guests: My grandkids Henry, Ida & Charlie
*Thanks for watching and leaving your comments!

























No comments:
Post a Comment