Sun, Aug 9, 2026 thru Sat, Aug 15, 2026
Sun, Aug 9, 2026
New project announcement this week...
![]() |
| End of the line dwarf signal display: GREEN |
![]() |
| End of the line dwarf signal display: RED |
![]() |
| Chicago Terminal Track signal display: RED |
![]() |
| Chicago Terminal Track signal display: GREEN |
![]() |
| Labeling the toggle switches. Dwarf signal lighting on the left. |
![]() |
| Track power on the right. |
![]() |
| That took about 30 minutes. I worked about 10 minutes before turning on the system. |
Mon, Aug 10, 2026
Train Day!
w/Chris & Jordan Osborn 6:30-8:30pm 2 hrs.
I did some work before Chris & Jordan arrived...
![]() |
| After splitting the rails to isolate the tracks, I drilled the holes for the feeder wires. |
![]() |
| After I cut these rails they went out of alignment. So I had to reinforce the rails to keep them in line again. |
![]() |
| I've inserted the feeder wires (orange & white) to prepare for soldering onto the outer rails. |
![]() |
| Before I solder I had to move the rolling stock out of the way. |
And then Chris & Jordan came to visit and run a train...
![]() |
| Father & Son visiting the layout |
![]() |
| Chris is working on the RR and running the 1960s train. |
![]() |
| Chris checking out his train in motion. |
![]() |
| We're going to call it a night! Great work tonight men! |
Tue, Aug 11, 2026
No train activity today.
Wed, Aug 12, 2026
PJ ran the Mixed Freight 1960s Train 3A tonight.
I added his time to the engineer roster.
Check out the weekly layout YouTube video for more on his visit.
Thu, Aug 13, 2026
Working under the layout...
![]() |
| I've separated all the middle wires from the left side of the toggle switches. |
![]() |
| Lots of tools in use... |
![]() |
| Yikes! I worked over an hour. Man, that went by really fast. |
I still have a lot to do on this project.
I'll keep working on it until it's finished.
Fri, Aug 14, 2026
I was up early working on the new project with dwarf light signals & toggles for track isolation
![]() |
| I finished moving the dwarf lighting from the left side of the panel to the right side of the panel |
![]() |
| The tool mess. |
![]() |
| This picture is from the opposite side of the panel as shown from the previous picture. |
LOOK WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!
![]() |
| My order from Mon, Aug 10, 2026 arrived today... |
![]() |
| The handrails and stanchions for my SD40-2 locomotive. |
A visit to the Elmhurst Model Railroad Club
EMRRC
w/Chris & Jordan Osborn
![]() |
| We were able to park right outside the entrance. |
![]() |
| Here it is! The entrance to the basement where the EMRRC meets for open houses on Fridays 7-10pm and Sundays 1-4pm. |
![]() |
| I see the back of Chris Osborn in the background. This is one of the opening scenes to the main HO scale model |
![]() |
| As I keep going I see this fuel facility... |
![]() |
| ....and the full 360 degree roundhouse. |
![]() |
| Just around the corner we come upon a Metra Commuter Train ready to depart the main station terminal. |
![]() |
| Cool picture of the bus and detailed gas station with the Metra Commuter Train passing in the background. |
![]() |
| Another view of the Metra train in the background and some more details along the side of the road in the foreground. |
![]() |
| This is the gas station on the left side of the road with the Metra Commuter Train just leaving the scene. |
![]() |
| Every time I visit the layout I see more details added like this line of maintenance of way track maintenance vehicles. |
Let's visit the N Scale room
![]() |
| I really like how they replicated the Elmhurst Station stop. |
![]() |
| I'm also anxious to watch the progress to be made on the Elmhurst Stone Quarry Project. |
![]() |
| As I was taking a look at the new Elmhurst Stone Quarry Project this Turbine train zoomed by. |
To see more action from the N scale room check out the YouTube Video in tomorrow's entry...
Let's go back to the HO scale main layout...
![]() |
| Really impressed with the amount of details added since my last visit. |
![]() |
| I'm at the far end of the layout looking down the longest straight section of the layout. |
![]() |
| I'm always impressed with this scene of the rr cut between the rocks. |
![]() |
| This picture is taken at the same location but the other direction. |
![]() |
| The club updated the screen for the drive-in theatre. Lots of detail in this scene too. |
![]() |
| A very busy grain elevator and the Shelbina station stop. |
![]() |
| Love this town and all the activities they offer as you check out the many details around town. |
![]() |
| An overhead control panel looking at the intermodal yard and the longest straight section of the layout. |
![]() |
| A Canadian Pacific led train readies for dispatcher's signal to proceed. |
![]() |
| Another station stop complete with passengers, vehicles, other finely tuned details. |
![]() |
| This scene caught my attention as I tried to capture the blinking warning signal at the top of the chimney. I did by the way. |
![]() |
| Our last stop, Grovers Mill station. |
To view more action from our visit to the EMRRC click on the link in tomorrow's entry...
Sat, Aug 15, 2026
I stopped by Glynn Amburgey's home today to pick up some
Intermodal Containers he produced by using his 3D printer.
![]() |
| Two decal sets for these containers also came today. See orders from August 8 & 9, 2026. |
to view Weekly Layout YouTube video
Duration: 13:37 min:sec
Description
What's ON Track this Week?
*New Project this week: Chicago Terminal Feeder wires
*Special Guest: Chris Osborn running 1960s Train 3A
*Night view of layout
*Visit to Elmhurst Model Railroad Club
Open House Fri, Aug 14, 2026 7pm
w/Chris & Jordan Osborn
*Thanks for watching and leaving your comments!



















































No comments:
Post a Comment