Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Week 457

 Sun, Apr 30, 2023 thru Sat, May 6, 2023

Sun, Apr 30, 2023

Filmed, Edited, Processed, Uploaded Monthly Layout Update


Mon, May 1, 2023

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair, Jordan Osborn and Marcus Thorsen
6-8:30pm 2.5 hrs.

Starting off our evening with coffee and a planning session.

We'll be working on kitbashing the Oak Park -
Marion Street Station.

Marcus Thorsen stopped by to take a look at the
layout. He said, "Give me 30 minutes just to look."
It may give him some ideas for his layout.

Jordan shows Marcus the display screen that shows
the grade crossing signals at Melrose Park.

Rob is working on the tower pieces for the Oak Park -
Marion Street station.

Tue, May 2, 2023

I stopped by JOANN fabrics to see if they might have
some relief letters I could use for the tower letters.

I thought they may be a little too big, but I think
this will work.

I also took some time to figure out how to display
the tower clock. Prototype picture behind the model.

I'm pretty sure these are the final versions.

I paid $3.29 for these Sticker letters and then paid
$.03 for City $.02 for District and $.21 for State.
Total Cost: $3.55

I took the same picture with a different backdrop.

Here's the two parts of the tower - clock and sign.

Wed, May 3, 2023

Tonight I'm going to shore up the joints on the station.

This picture shows the roof on the base of the steps.

Working on the tower.

Placing the tower in position.

I forgot to include this section so I'm reinforcing
the floor to include the small piece I need to add.

Gluing the base before I put on the floor.

Gluing the base on the other side.

Time to wait for the weights.

I had to use weights on both sides of the station.

I'm anxious to see what happens when I remove the weights tomorrow morning...
More to come...

Thu, May 4, 2023

Here's my "workbench" where I put the model together.

Here's a 360 view of the model


Duration: 00:00.32 sec.

Here's the model in place
Duration: 00:00.32 sec.

Talk about frustration!
My videos are fine, I can view them and move them from place to place and still view them.
However, when I upload to Blogger I can't view them.
What's up with that?

Fri, May 5, 2023

I didn't like the short tower, so I needed to add a section to make the tower taller...

I worked over 1 hour on this to make the tower taller.

Sat, May 6, 2023

Before heading downtown to James' Surprise 50th B-day party I worked on the RR...

Now I'm trying to figure out how tall
the glass panels should be...

Also working on details, like the 2nd floor
railing around the side of the building.

I figured out how the glass panels would fit.
I gut them and now I'm putting them in place to
check the fit.

Another perspective.

I think the taller tower looks much better.

Cutting more parts for the roof section.

Starting to take shape.

I've actually notched out the two parts shown here
in the middle of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment