Monday, April 24, 2023

Week 456

 Sun, Apr 23, 2023 thru Sat, Apr 29, 2023

Sun, Apr 23, 2023

More kitbashing of Oak Park Marion St. Station

Enclosing the ground floor section.

Back of the station.

Front of the station. This is where you'll see most
of the glass panels.

Mon, Apr 24, 2023

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair & Jordan Osborn
6-8:30pm 2.5 hrs.

We worked very hard on the kitbashing project at Oak Park Marion Street

Rob brought his famous coffee brew...cheers to Jordan!

Rob says, "Open up".
Preparing to operate on the station.
We need to trim the top off.

First we need to trim the base
Duration: 00:00.11 sec

Now we need to trim the top
Duration: 00:00.10 sec.

Working on placement of the tower.
Rob checks out the prototype as Jordan oversees the
whole operation.

Jordan joins the "hands on" part of the project.

What do you think?
We've added the stair support - compare with prototype photo.

Tue, Apr 25, 2023

Getting ready to cut the glass panels...

Checking the dimensions of the station while in place.

Markings which I will use to cut and line the glass.

Wed, Apr 26, 2023

Cutting the glass and fitting in place...

Scoring the panel sections.

Trying to fit the glass in place.

The scene is taking shape.

working on the station floor on the second level.

Another perspective. 

Next up: Finishing the tower.
I need to stop by B&G and pick up some kits.

Thu, Apr 27, 2023

I cut out the floor for the upper level of the station...

I still need to fill in some gaps around the building
before I proceed too far down the finish line.

Before I go further, I need to stop by B&G and 
purchase the 2-story side walls for the tower.

Fri, Apr 28, 2023

I stopped by B&G and purchased several items for projects I'm working on...

My display of items I purchased at B&G Train World.

The breakdown of cost for each item including tax.

I bought another set of grade crossing to finish this section.

I also bought the roof for the platform and dry transfer
decals which I plan on using for the glass panel seams. 

Another package of dry transfer decals I will use
to fix the numbers on the Metra locomotives.

Finally, I bought the sidewalk section to match the 
sidewalk on this building. I'm 1/32 off, but it will 
have to do for now...

Sat, Apr 29, 2023

Cutting the sidewalk for one of the buildings in downtown Oak Park on Marion Street
Still having trouble with some video downloads.
Duration: 00:00.35 sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment