Sunday, May 21, 2023

Week 460

 Sun, May 21, 2023 thru Sat, May 27, 2023

Sun, May 21, 2023

Finishing off the grade crossing at Wheaton/Bellwood...

Finally!

The first thing I will try to do tonight is to paint
the aprons a concrete color. 

There you go...both aprons painted plus I painted
the middle sections the same concrete color.

Next I will paint the "rubber" runners which go on
both sides of the rails.

Finished! All done!

What do you think, Jordan?
Thumbs up, or middle, or down?

Finally, on Friday I received the CNW pin I ordered
with the Chicago: America's RR Capital special edition.

The Special Edition isn't due until August.

Mon, May 22, 2023

Train Day!

Another night at Marcus Thornton's home basement...

We started our session at the garage.
We waited for Carlos to arrive as Marcus
began his teaching session.

The master teacher giving us painting instructions.

Rob Fair took this photo.
Thanks Rob!

One of the 6 steps of painting is this one...
"Dry Brushing"

Closeup of one of Marcus's techniques.
This one is unique to Marcus; he highlights the edges.

The Six Techniques Marcus taught us tonight were...
                                                        1. Type of brushes to use
                                                        2. Dry brushing technique
                                                        3. Color selection
                                                        4. Four colors - dark to light
                                                        5. Stippling
                                                        6. Eye draw highlighting the edges

Closeup of some details on his work.

Another photo of the workshop.

You can see here how they fit together.

Marcus said he'll come by and fix the gaps.

Marcus is an amazing artist and a very gifted person.

Tue, May 23, 2023

Repainted some of the spots I ran over.

If you look back you'll see some of my paint "bled"
over to parts not intended. I repainted it and made
the lines "clean" again.

Tomorrow I will begin the weathering process to the grade crossing.

Wed, May 24, 2023

No train activity today.

Thu, May 25, 2023

No train activity today.

Fri, May 26, 2023

No train activity today.

Sat, May 27, 2023

Finally made some time to work on the RR...

Mainly cleaning up...

My workbench needs some TLC.

Almost finished with this table.

UGH! Will this ever be cleaned up?

This table is even worse.

I've even put stuff in places I've never put stuff.

I'll tackle more of this next week.

See you then!

1 comment: