Sunday, April 16, 2023

Week 455

 Sun, Apr 16, 2023 thru Sat, Apr 22, 2023

Sun, Apr 16, 2023

Having some fun making progress on the RR...

I'm showing you the parts to the station shed.
I cut the left parts in half to get to the middle parts.
The parts on the right of the ruler are what's left over.

Because the platform is on a curve I needed to cut
them into smaller sections so they would "appear" to curve.

I had to make the white base to extend the platform
foundation.

Here's a better view of the platform sections on the curve.

Since the short sections had a hard time standing
on their own, I had to glue the top to the leg.

A couple more...

I used two long sections.

And this is the other long section.

I should be ready to install this tomorrow during Train Day!

Mon, Apr 17, 2023

I was up early this morning and did some work on the RR...

I laid out the station platforms to see how 
they "fit" into the scene.

Then I cut one end off the metal fence and glued
it on a 90 degree angle.

This section will fit at the end of the platform.

I also cut the slots out so the station
could "sit" closer to the platform.

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair 6-8:15pm 2.25 hrs.

We started tonight working on Marion Street...

After adding the word, "Marion" to the
bridge support, it's time to install the bridge.

We will need to make some adjustments
to the base. The sidewalk to the right
is "floating". Weird.

Rob and I transitioned to the station and will make
some major changes to the structure.

Trimming the parts that will be kit bashed to the
main kit.

Filing down to make the edges smooth.

We ended up cutting the building in half and
gluing it in place. The lower section is finished...
for now...more to come...

Tue, Apr 18, 2023

I need to do some more work on the Oak Park tower...

After our discussion on Monday, I thought we should
go in a different direction. More to come...

Wed, Apr 19, 2023

No train activity today.

Thu, Apr 20, 2023

Dad gave me his old home land line phones.
I will use the intercom feature on these phones to add some fun to layout operations...

Real quick check on the placement
of the platform canopies.

The main Hand Set (HS) #1 will be at
Central Control Tower for the Dispatcher.

HS #2 will be at the Powder River Basin

HS #3 will be under Chicago Terminal.

And finally, HS #4 will be by the sump pump.

Fri, Apr 21, 2023

Today I will cut the canopy sections so they would fit closer together on the curve.

Check this out...

This shows the progression. I used
tape to hold the pieces in place while
the glue set in place.

I brought over a commuter train to make
sure there was clearance for the train and
the canopy. There was.

More testing as the glue set.

Another perspective.

Now it's time to work on the fences.

The prototype has the fences painted a "rust" color.

Sat, Apr 22, 2023

Overview of the canopy or "awning" and getting ready to paint the fences.

insert new video here

Duration: 00:00.32 sec.

I will paint the fences with this color paint.

Getting ready to paint the fences. There are four
sections sitting camouflaged to the left.

Two of the four completed.

Here are all the fences. Two of them are painted.

All painted.

Now it's time to install half of the fences and the 
girder bridge.

Back upstairs to work on the Oak Park Marion St.
station.

Another view of the progress.






No comments:

Post a Comment