Sunday, November 6, 2022

Week 432

 Sun, Nov 6, 2022 thru Sat, Nov 12, 2022

Sun, Nov 6, 2022

Worked on Dwarf Signal Chicago Terminal Track 7
Also fixed Locomotive #151 to new DCC no. from 03 to 151.
I moved the dwarf signal back a bit.
It was mounted on the inside of the curve so the
coach car ran over the dwarf signal. It had to be moved.

This is where the dwarf signal was before I moved it.

Here's proof the engine has a new ID.
It was set to factory reset "03" and I figured out how
to reset it to "151".

Now it's time to fix the dwarf signal
Duration: 00:00.25 sec.

A little more light on the subject.
Finished the move.


The red light didn't work,
but the green light shines bright.

Mon, Nov 7, 2022

Train Day!
w/Carlos Baez (6-7:15pm 1.25 hrs.) and Jordan Osborn (6-7pm 1 hr.)

Mainly gave Carlos a tour and talked about operations...

Carlos Baez and Jordan Osborn

Carlos is such a great encourager. He was so impressed
with the progress on the RR so far, so good!


Tue, Nov 8, 2022

No train activity today.

Wed, Nov 9, 2022

Started working on JMRI Locomotive Roster

We'll start off with all the Commuter F40PH locomotives.

Here are my notes for the JMRI roster entries.

Thu, Nov 10, 2022

Yes, train activity today.

Check this out...

This is my "cheat sheet" which shows the Power Codes
and the Train Codes.

And this is my JMRI roster.
I did figure out how to add locomotives even if
they don't have a decoder inside. Cool!

Here are the four locomotives I will be testing to
be sure the decoders and other features are working properly.

The four locomotives lined up for testing.

Lining up all the Commuter Locomotives to check 
if their Decoder Addresses are all active.
Duration: 00:00.27 sec.

I found the tab!

All the Commuter Locomotives checked out perfectly!
Duration: 00:00.27 sec.

One more look at the JMRI roster screen.

Now it's time to put the four locomotives back in
their slots at the Chicago Terminal Engine Maintenance Shop.

Getting ready to park all the Commuter Locomotives
into the Chicago Terminal Engine Maintenance Shop
Duration: 00:00.20 sec.

All Set.

Parked in place for the night.

One more view from a different angle.

Fri, Nov 11, 2022

My main goal today was to finish the shell of the JMRI roster.

I finished the "shell".

Here's my power/train code sheet.
This sheet should match the JMRI roster when I
finish adding the details.

I may need to change the order of this sheet since the JMRI roster puts the ID codes in alphabetical order. I can do that. No problem.

Here's the final JMRI roster with all the fields completed.

Next step?

Make sure the DCC decoders are set up correctly and the locomotives will run.

That will be for another day...

Sat, Nov 12, 2022

Josiah and Lissette were over today and played on the Brio train set.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures.

:(

1 comment: