Monday, November 14, 2022

Week 433

 Sun, Nov 13, 2022 thru Sat, Nov 19, 2022

Sun, Nov 13, 2022

Special Session with Lissette before she heads back home...
Duration: 00:00.24 sec.

Lissette getting ready to get some work done on the RR.

We added a few chairs to the roof of the downtown skyscraper.

We unloaded all the Powder River Basin coal into
the Transfer tray.

Mon, Nov 14, 2022

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair 6:30-8:30pm 2 hrs.

Rob and I spent our whole time tonight working
with JMRI.

We tried to program this steam engine.
We were able to successfully turn on the lights, bells, and horn.
But we couldn't get it running...UGH!

All in all we had a great time learning about JMRI.

Tue, Nov 15, 2022

I'm going to try one more time to get the steam
engine rolling again using JMRI...

I failed again. I tried to change the ID to 03 which
is the factory default, but that didn't work.

Next step?

Call my friend, Mr. Fields.

Wed, Nov 16, 2022

No train activity today.

Thu, Nov 17, 2022

I called my JMRI contact today, Steve Fields. He's been in the JMRI field for 25 years. 
He came to my January 2020 open house.

He signed in here. See his name, "Steven Fields".

He told me I need to begin my roster entry by reading the decoder.
If you begin with the roster entry and guess at the decoder you will have problems.

I will try this approach and see if the problem is eliminated.

Fri, Nov 18, 2022

Started today in the train room.
Trying to get the Steam Engine running again...

It's 6:30am Friday morning and I'm going to try
to program this engine all over again.

These are the JMRI Entry fields for new locos.

This afternoon I kept working on getting Engine #6306 working.

SUCCESS!
Function Key F9 unlocked the system and we had 
power on the move again.

Duration: 00:00.32 sec.

Special Guests

Before we begin, we need to meet.
Charlie said, "I don't like the meetings."

Two trains getting started - Close call.
Duration: 00:00.30 sec.

After minor incident - on the move again
Duration: 00:00.13 sec.

Steam Engine #6306 thru Kedzie Station
Duration: 00:00.24 sec.

Train passing half way through
Duration: 00:00.21 sec.

Checking out the monitors - Dispatcher's "nest"
Duration: 00:00.31 sec.

Commuter Crossover on the monitor
Duration: 00:00.30 sec.

Trains running side by side
Charlie wants to go faster...
Duration: 00:00.22 sec.


Sat, Nov 19, 2022

Here's what I did today...

I parked the Steam Engine #6306

And the Excursion Train 4A

Put the Commuter Train at the Geneva Station in
preparation for the EB return trip to Chicago Terminal

Updated my JMRI roster. Added the word "TEMP"
to the entries that will need to be deleted once
I read the decoders on the locomotives that I haven't added yet.

Finally, I resorted my spreadsheet roster so that
it matches my JMRI roster.

I'm very pleased with my progress this week.

Lots more to do, which is a good thing!

1 comment: