Monday, November 21, 2022

Week 434

Sun, Nov 20, 2022  thru Sat, Nov 26, 2022

Sun, Nov 20, 2022

Still updating my roster on JMRI

My spreadsheet roster and then I printed out the 
Commuter Locomotive section for the CT Engine Shop.

I will use this top sheet on my spreadsheet to track
all the changes I'm making to JMRI 

Here's another view of my "cheat sheet"

And this is why I need the cheat sheet.
It tells me where each locomotive is stored at the 
Chicago Terminal Engine Shop

Before proceeding I need to write down
the JMRI entries for each DCC decoder

Here's the lineup for tonight's JMRI updates.

All finished! Everything is working properly!

One more look at the finished product.

And finally, the JMRI roster screen.

I'm getting closer and closer to completing this project.

Mon, Nov 21, 2022

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair 6-8pm 2 hrs.

Jordan stopped by for a quick visit.

Rob Fair & Jordan Osborn pre-session.

Rob Fair will be running Mixed Freight Train 5D.
I will take Commuter Train 1A from Geneva to Chicago Terminal.

Mixed Freight 5D initial switching
Duration: 00:00.27 sec.

Elevated Track near Oak Park Marion Street Station
Duration: 00:00.31 sec.

Approaching Bellwood Station before Proviso Yard
Duration: 00:00.30 sec.

Last lap before heading to CNW Proviso Yard.

Taking Crossover #3 in preparation to enter CNW Proviso Yard
Duration: 00:00.29 sec.

Final approach into CNW Proviso Yard Track 3
Duration: 00:00.19 sec.

We  had some  problems with this track.
Need to assign a Maintenance Crew to correct this lift.

We also had to send one of the cars to the Workbench for coupler replacement
You can see the brake hose is really bent up.
I've decided I'm just changing out both couplers.

Tue, Nov 22, 2022

First thing this morning I was up early and 
did some track maintenance 
assigned from last night's session.

Here are the pictures showing the progression of the job...
This first picture shows how I slid a staple under
the track to lift it up a bit.

I thought it was too high, so I turned the staple on
its side to make it not as high. I like it.

I also had to drill a hole in the tie to make it secure.
Hopefully this will work and we won't have any more derailments.

Tonight's activities:




Wed, Nov 23, 2022

I'm going to get the Intermodal Train 2B going today...

Check this out...

Start at the Train Order Board
Duration: 00:00.40 sec.

Global 1 Switcher SW3 will put the train together
Duration: 00:00.30 sec.

Daylight Dave call out...pulling out the Intermodal Train 2B
Duration: 00:00.24 sec.

SW3 Switcher finished putting Intermodal Train 2B together 
Duration: 00:00.31 sec.

Runaround
Duration: 00:00.30 sec.

SW3 Switcher making its way back to Global 1 Storage Track
Duration: 00:00.29 sec.

Back to where we started - Power Off
Duration: 00:00.15 sec.

On The Job was 23 min.
Here's the Train Cars in Consist Worksheet paperwork
completed by the conductor.

Thu, Nov 24, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving!

Had some time to work play on the RR:

Yesterday I switched the Intermodal Train 2B from Global 1 ready for the Mainline
today it's time to run the Intermodal Train 2B on the Mainline.

Here we go...

Intermodal Train 2B WB Track 1
Duration: 00:00.25 sec.

Intermodal Train 2B running through Proviso Yard WB
Duration: 00:00.31 sec.

Red Signal at Signal Bridge #4 WB Track 1
Duration: 00:00.19 sec.

The next thing to do today is to move all the active commuter locomotives
from the CT Engine Shop to each respective train.

Here are three of the four Commuter Locos in place
for their WB runs to the suburbs.

I also used the PYUP switcher SW1b to move the
PICK UP cars to the EB Pick Up tracks at CAMF1.

Fri, Nov 25, 2022

Celebrating Thanksgiving with Family today...

I did ask James to come down to see the progress on the RR...

James liked the progress.
His sign means, "Peace".

Working Proviso Yard for the first time
Duration: 00:00.25 sec.

Sat, Nov 26, 2022

Intermodal Train 2B & Train Order Board
Duration: 00:00.31 sec.

Where are the 4 cars on the Industrial Park Transfer Track?
Duration: 00:00.29 sec.

4 cars from Industrial Park Transfer Track found
Duration: 00:00.31 sec.

Paperwork - Train Cars in Consists
Mixed Freight Train 5C
Duration: 00:00.32 sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment