Monday, May 30, 2022

Week 409

 Sun, May 29, 2022 thru Sat, Jun 4, 2022

Sun, May 29, 2022

No train activity today.

Mon, May 30, 2022

Memorial Day!

also, Train Day!
w/Rob Fair 6-8pm 2 hrs.
Jordan was working at home on a project.

Making things happen on the RR...

Added weathering and grease spills from parked cars.

Next: Parking Lot lights.

Rob is going to move the empty coal cars from the
East Yard to the West Yard in preparation for return
trip to Melrose Park Power Plant.

He's using the Powder River Basin Yard map
to place his cars in the proper location.

Looking good!

All set!
Nice work, Rob!

Yep, that's me taking the picture shown above.

Rob and I are speed matching locomotives using JMRI. 

Here's what it looks like on the computer screen.

We followed both locomotives on the monitors to
track how close they run together. This is called
consisting MUs (multiple units). 

Tue, May 31, 2022

Last day of the month.

Time to produce my monthly video layout update.

Duration: 00:05.09 min.

Wed, Jun 1, 2022

I finished the Parking Lot lights at Crusom Casket Company

First I had to strip the black wires to expose more
of the wire to get contact with the other wires.

Looking really good!

And from another angle, still looking good!

Thu, Jun 2, 2022

My daughter, Emily Zielke, brought me a bag of moss/lichen from Wisconsin where they have a family cabin. Here's what I did with the items she gave me at Mabel's softball game tonight...

It's real vegetation from the earth.
Now I have to secure it and seal it.

Fri, Jun 3, 2022

Cubs game today.

Light rail video
Duration: 00:00.14 sec.

w/Jan, Ben & Katie
Howard stop on the Red Line on the way to Addison (Wrigley Field)

Sat, Jun 4, 2022

No train activity today.




No comments:

Post a Comment