Monday, May 2, 2022

Week 405

 Sun, May 1, 2022 thru Sat, May 7, 2022

Sun, May 1, 2022

I'd like to purchase a car at the Train Show today
that would fit between this car 297012 and 300000

Special Guest
Carlos Baez
Duration: 00:00:21 sec.

Carlos is such an encourager...

Carlos, Jordan and I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts
after the Train Show at the DuPage Co. Fairgrounds
in Wheaton IL

Here's what I purchased at the Train show:
2 box cars for $12 each total $24
3 CNW cabooses for $38 (@$12.67ea.)
Total Spent: $62

Carlos was kind enough to pay our entry fee
Thanks Carlos!

Mon, May 2, 2022

Train Day!
Just me. 
Rob was sick and Jordan was busy.
7:30-8:30pm 1 hour

Everything turned out fine because my son, Ben, stopped by for a visit during our Train Day time.

Here's what I was able to accomplish...

Let's take a peek inside one of these cabooses.
Inside was a capacitor, battery, resistor and light.
I'm thinking it should be blinking, but when I tested
it out, it didn't function at all. I did check the light
and it did illuminate.

Here are the three cabooses I put through inspection.
Two had the rear light installed. One I checked, the
other I didn't. I will check that out another day.

Then I moved the three cabooses to the test track
ready to move out on the mainline for testing.

I completed an Inspection report for
all three cabooses. Here's one of them.

Tue, May 3, 2022

I went back to open the shell to check inside.
The battery is corroded. Needs to be replaced.

I will be adding these two cars to the Cars in Consists
sheets and then pick them up when their respective trains run next

Here's the Cars in Consists sheet that shows the test
car added. Once picked up, I will keep an eye on this car 
during it's first run.

Back to the caboose.
I cut the connecting wires and removed the battery.

Now it's time to assign each caboose to power.

I think the color is off so I will switch these two cabooses.

Do you think this is a better match?

Now to update the XTRA sheet that shows which caboose is matched with which locomotive.

Wed, May 4, 2022

No Train Activity today

Thu, May 5, 20222


I finished classifying the cabooses to their respective locomotive(s)

Here's the paperwork...

Here's the UP Engine Facility all latched up.

And here's the CNW Engine Facility all matched up
locomotives with cabooses.

Fri, May 6, 2022

No Train Activity today.

Sat, May 7, 2022

No Train Activity today.

No comments:

Post a Comment