Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Week 410

 Sun, Jun 5, 2022 thru Sat, Jun 11, 2022

Sun, Jun 5, 2022

No train activity today.

Mon, Jun 6, 2022

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair & Jordan Osborn
6-8:30pm 2.5 hrs.

Rob Fair getting ready to secure the lichen Emily
brought me from Wisconsin.

Jordan with his happy greeting!

Running 1960's Train 3A tonight...
Duration: 00:00.28 sec.

Rob's finished work securing the lichen around 
Crusom Casket Co.

Rob at the workbench
Duration: 00:00.25 sec.

We are going to solve this locomotive whinning
sound once and for all!

I was the engineer tonight for the 1960's Train 3A
and Jordan was the conductor.

Getting into the "guts" of the locomotive.

I took this picture so I would have a point of reference
when putting the wires back in place.

We had to disconnect several of the wires so we could
isolate the frame because it was bent. Weird.

Another point of reference picture.

Here is the isolated frame all by itself with the
locomotive parts all around.

I wish I would've taken a picture of the bent frame.
Here is a picture of the flat frame after bending back in shape.

Tue, Jun 7, 2022

Such sad news tonight...
I put the guts back together and the sound remains.
UGH!

Wed, Jun 8, 2022

I thought I got all the kinks worked out and then put everything back together again.

AND here's the final results of tonight's work
Duration: 00:00.30 sec.

I'm going to keep trying until we get this figured out...

Thu, Jun 9, 2022

Let's try something totally different...

During commercials I drew up plans for the Signal Bridges...

Getting last minute details figured out before ZStuff
sends me the four signal bridges...

Fri, Jun 10, 2022

Trying - again - to get the whining to stop in the CNW Engine 6928
I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure this out...

Test with shell not secured
Duration: 00:00.31 sec.

Shell almost in place - "Let's try it."
Duration: 00:00.20 sec.

Both locomotives in MU mode
Duration: 00:00.30 sec.

Checking the coupler pull/push
Duration: 00:00.36 sec.

Later that day I ran another train this time Unit Coal Train 2A EB

Sending light power to the Powder River Basin in Wyoming

Light Power crossover and approach to Powder River Basin
Duration: 00:00.25 sec.

Pulling sections of car from PRBWY to make Train 2A
(Oops! forgot to fill cars with coal)
Duration: 00:00.28 sec.

Leaving PRB Mainline Crossover
(Whew! that was a quick coal fill)
Duration: 00:00.32 sec.

Finish Mainline Crossover
Duration: 00:00.29 sec.

Ready for the trip east to Melrose Park Power Plant

Under the overpass getting ready for Lap 1.

Sat, Jun 11, 2022

I worked on this sheet for about 1 hour
tonight. Jan called up and said,
"Are you finished with the logistics yet?"




No comments:

Post a Comment