Monday, May 16, 2022

Week 407

 Sun, May 15, 2022 thru Sat, May 21, 2022

Sun, May 15, 2022

I finished putting away C4 Power CNW C44-9W 
Duration: 00:00:17 sec.

I stopped by Rob Fair's home on Saturday and he gave me a tour of his layout.
He also gave me some tables and chairs so I thought I'd get them ready for his visit to my house tomorrow.

Here's what I did tonight...

Cutting out the tables and chair legs.

Assembling the tables

Ready for painting.

Next, we need to paint these chairs

First three sets done.

Now paint the tables...

Bottoms done, now for the tops...

Finished painting the tables

Now finish the rest of the chairs.

Almost finished the project.
Just need to finish cutting out the remaining chairs.

Mon, May 16, 2022

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair & Jordan Osborn
6-8pm 2 hrs.

Operating Session tonight - lots of videos...

All the chairs and tables are ready for layout placement.

Nice "selfie" of our Train Crew!
Looking forward to our session tonight!

Rob Fair prepares Mixed Freight Train 5A for 
departure PYUP WB
Duration: 00:00.31 sec.

Jordan Osborn is preparing Mixed Freight Train 5C 
for departure PYCNW EB
Duration: 00:00.17 sec.

Mixed Freight Train 5A is on it's first lap under
the watchful eye of the Conductor/Engineer Rob Fair

Mixed Freight Train 5C departing PYCNW yard
Duration: 00:00.23 sec.

Trains 5A & 5C running opposite each other
Duration: 00:00.30 sec.

Mixed Freight 5A running elevated tracks
Duration: 00:00.15 sec.

Trains bypassing each other at Proviso Yard
Duration: 00:00.16 sec.

Proviso Yard Magnification
Wait for cameo appearance at the end.
Duration: 00:00.25

Train 5A taking Crossover to PYCNW Tracks 2, 3
Duration: 00:00.31 sec.

Train 5A enter Proviso Yard while 
Train 5C waits on Proviso Main
Duration: 00:00.25 sec.

Train 5C uses Crossover #1 to prepare to 
enter PYUP Track 1
Duration: 00:00.27 sec.

4 cars from Mixed Freight 5C dropped off at
Industrial Park transfer track (top left corner)

Rob Fair parking his motive power in the Engine Facility

Power UP C44-9W back in the Engine Facility
also putting back Power CNW SD38-2
Duration: 00:00.29 sec.

Final approach to destination CNW Engine
Facility Track 6 For C6
Duration: 00:00.32 sec.

Before we call it a night, Rob Fair took a rare photo of ME!

I'm capturing a video of Train Movements

Tue, May 17, 2022

Paperwork and Blog update

Wed, May 18, 2022

No train activity today

Thu, May 19, 2022

No train activity today

Fri, May 20, 2022

Finally, back at the RR, but not much accomplished

What am I going to do with all those chairs?

What's on your workbench this week?

I cleaned up the workbench today.
Looks much better and should be able to be pretty efficient next time I work at the bench.

SPECIAL GUESTS tonight
Mom & Dad came over for dinner and after we ate, I said, "Let's go see the train."
They both chimed in and said, "Sure!"

Mom is having some hip problems, but she was still willing to take the stairs and see what's going on downstairs. I know Dad really likes to see the progress. They are my two biggest fans!

Sat, May 21, 2022

Raining day! I got a lot done on the RR
And something that wasn't on my radar at all...

I put out some more tables and chairs at a restaurant
in downtown Melrose Park.

Then my attention turned to the Crusome Casket Co.
First, to repair the old time hearse.

I had to drill a new hole for the axle.

Then mounted the tires (3 of 4 needed mounting).

Now I'd like to wire the building with lights.
Here I had to drill holes in the foundation so the wires
could pass from one building to the next.

The buildings are separated in this picture, but
will be next to each other when in place.

The wiring I have in the building so far.

I need to add resistors because the LED lights are
way too bright. Resistors will keep them in check.

Instead of using alligator clips to keep the wires 
from moving, I just use tape on wood to hold them in 
place for soldering.

This pictures shows the resisters before
I cover them in shrink wrap.

All three LED 12v lights are shown here.
I'm using these three for the three outside lights.

Shrink wrap in place.

Now it's time to solder them to the wire plates.
One is for neutral the other is for power.

Here's my work table with the tools that matter.

The inside lights ended up being very dim.
Too dim for my liking.

But I really like the look of the outside lighting.
Very nice.

Later in the day, I thought I'd start to tackle some
landscaping around the Crusome Casket Co.

The white baseboard BEFORE adding the black cinder block

AFTER adding the black cinder block.

Another view. We'll add more detail tomorrow...







No comments:

Post a Comment