Sunday, May 8, 2022

Week 406

 Sun, May 8, 2022 thru Sat, May 14, 2022

Sun, May 8, 2022

No Train Activity today.

Mon, May 9, 2022

Train Day!
w/Jordan Osborn
4-5pm 1 hr.

This afternoon, Jordan and I will run Commuter Train A4 
from Geneva to Chicago Terminal

Jordan Osborn greeting this afternoon.
"Peace"

After departure from Geneva Station our first
stop is West Chicago.

Our destination is Track 1 at Chicago Terminal.
Mission Accomplished!

Tonight, I'm going to try to get Engine A2 up and running.
First I need to get JMRI up and running.
After updating the software, I was able to get the engine running.

And here it is back at the Engine Shop at Chicago Terminal.

This is a sound equipped locomotive, but I could only get the lights to work.
I'm happy to get it running. I'll need to work on the sound at a later date.

Tue, May 10, 2022

I started wiring for the signals.
These are all from UNDER the layout where the "guts" are...

Underneath Signal 1

Underneath Signal 2

Underneath Signal 3

Underneath Signal 4

Tomorrow I will take photos of the Signal locations ABOVE the table.

Wed, May 11, 2022

As promised, here are the old signals from ABOVE the layout

Signal 1 from ABOVE the layout




I also worked on moving the locomotives and commuter coaches in their new locations.

I got both of these running, but Engine #151 was 
intermittent. Sometimes it would run sometimes not.
The lights always worked, but not the drivers.

Here they are with their back lights working and
the mars light on the near engine on.

Hopefully more progress tomorrow...

Thu, May 12, 2022

Putting all the commuter trains where they belong...

I had to isolate this track for the old 
CNW commuter vintage train to stay in place.

Here's where I used a drumel tool to isolate the tracks.

Action shot of Chicago Terminal

NW Lines Tracks 6 & 7

Track 1 far left and Track 7 far right.
West Line Tracks are 1-4
Amtrak is Track 5
NW Line are Tracks 6 & 7.

Fri, May 13, 2022

Working on the RR...

I'm finally going to clean up the mess
BEFORE

Can you tell it's all cleaned up?
AFTER

A look from the opposite side.
Looking good!

Preparing Mixed Manifest Freight Train 5D for departure

Power C4 CNW C44-9W at the front.

Sat, May 14, 2022

I ran Mixed Freight Train 5D today. 

Here are some highlight videos...

Duration: 00:00:30 sec.

One more highlight video...
Love those crossovers!
Duration: 00:00:36 sec.


No comments:

Post a Comment