Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Week 389

 Sun, Jan 9, 2022 thru Sat, Jan 15, 2022

Sun, Jan 9, 2022

Concentrating on some reorg. and cleaning up the place...

Cleared out the shelves to reorganize everything.

What came out, must go back.

More stuff from the shelves.

Last, but not least.

This section will also be given some attention.

Mon, Jan 10, 2022

Train Day!
w/Jordan Osborn
5:45-6:15pm 30 min.

More cleanup. Looking better.

Starting to put things back in order.

Jordan and I also decided to run the piggy-back Train 2C.
Power is half of C2 using the new SD45 for the pull.

This is a sort of test run.
I've run the piggy-back train WB only because WB has the greater radius on the curves.
I'm going to try to run this EB (see arrow in picture above) and see how it responds.
More later...

Tue, Jan 11, 2022

No train activity today.

Wed, Jan 12, 2022

Started with item #8 on the Train Order Board...

I will run this Eastbound on Track 2 and see if the piggy-back train 2C will be able to handle the tighter radii on the inside track. I will use the CNW SD45 #8426 C2 for power.

Starting out on Lap 1
Duration: 00:00:30 sec.

Gliding past Proviso Yard finishing Lap1
Duration: 00:00:22 sec.

Highballing Past Geneva Station
Duration: 00:00:30 sec.

Piggy-back Hot Shot
Duration: 00:00:15 sec.

Thu, Jan 13, 2022

No train activity today.

Fri, Jan 14, 2022

Not a lot of time, but did do a little...

First, after checking the mailbox, look what came today!

I also updated the Train 2C Cars in Consists Work order list.

I also took note of the "issues" from last run and wrote them on the bottom three lines.
See the entries for Wed, 1/22/22 in the photo above.

Then I flipped around the yellow car (first in consist) by the folded sign for "2C f".
This is the car that decoupled on Track 2 by Melrose Park Station.

I also flipped these two cars but kept them in the same position in the consist.
That should help when trouble-shooting the problem I had in the last run.
These two cars uncoupled at two locations: Kedzie and twice the I-294 overpass.

We'll see what happens next...

Sat, Jan 15, 2022


No train activity today.

No comments:

Post a Comment