Monday, July 22, 2024

Week 521

Sun, Jul 21, 2024 thru Sat, Jul 27, 2024

Sun, Jul 21, 2024

Project Right of the Bridge


Working on Weekly Layout Update
Season 2024 Blog 520

to view YouTube Video
Duration: 4:54 mins.

Mon, Jul 22, 2024

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair 6-8pm 2 hrs.
Jordan Osborn 6:15-8pm 1.75 hrs.
Marcus Thorsen 6:30-7pm .5 hrs.

Lots of video taken tonight.
See the Weekly Layout Update under
 Thu. Jul 25, 2024 entry

Videos cover...
*Rob Switching Proviso Yard CNW Track 5
*Commuter Train 1C prepares to depart EB from Geneva to Chicago Terminal
*Commuter Train 1C arrives Chicago Terminal
*Rob running Mixed Freight Priority 3 Train 5D 27 cars
*Mixed Freight Train 5D running EB on elevated tracks
*Mixed Freight Train 5D running down the middle of Proviso Yard
*After running 5 laps putting away Train Power B3 UP C44-9W


What else happened tonight?

Before the guys came by,
I cut these panels for the workbench.
I still need to cut and secure
the backing on both panels.

Rob is checking out the paperwork for his 
Yard Master assignment tonight.

Marcus stopped by for a bit and brought his stone
wall for the "Left of the Bridge" project.

He added an interesting feature...
made some sample rocks shine with Gloss-Lustre.
I'm going to give it a try...

The gang's all here...left to right...
Jordan, Marcus, and Rob

I ran the 2nd priority Commuter Train 1C tonight.
This train is the 2nd train of the day from Geneva
entering Chicago Terminal on Track 3.

Tue, Jul 23, 2024

Put the track bumpers at Chicago Terminal back in place.

Three bumpers are out of position.

A view from the other side shows two of the three
bumpers out of position.

Back in place where they should've been in the first place.

Much better!

Time on the RR .25 hrs.

Wed, Jul 24, 2024

Working on the "fill" next to the road.

Finishing the "fill" next to the road.

Working on the barrier between the road and the tracks.

Painting the barrier...

...and the bridge abutments.

Finally, working on the road elevation changes to
the upper level.

Thu, Jul 25, 2024

Worked on workbench trays for rolling stock repairs and maintenance.

I cut the bases and secured them with foam-safe adhesive.

Cleaning up the previously used trays.

Last one to clean up.

Making progress separating all the items on the workbench.

All four trays ready to be labeled and put into storage.

Still not quite finished, but getting closer.

Tools put away and still working on the details.
Probably one more session to go and this project will 
be complete.

Fri, Jul 26, 2024

I finished cleaning up the workbench.

Check this out...I can't believe I did it.
When I started, I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to finish.
But I did!

Still lots to sort out and put away.

Making progress slow, but sure.

My main meeting table is also cleared and clean.

Finally finished. I can't believe I actually accomplished
this task of cleaning up and organizing the workbench.

Sat, Jul 27, 2024

Got up early and did a couple of things before having a great day with my wife, Jan, daughters, Emily & Natalie, and grandkids, Ida, Josiah, Charlie, Lissette, & Selah. So much fun!

During the day, Josiah did mention to me, "Boppa, we haven't seen your train yet."
Made my day.

After getting the workbench back in ship shape, I
finished one of the cars that needed coupler height
inspection.

Here's the paperwork on that
car - a 2-bay covered hopper.

Also, getting ready to do some work on the TOFC
cars. I think all of these needs some kind of work.

My completed and ready for work workbench.
Tools put away. Trays all labeled and ready to be used.
I also organized the metal wheelsets for future use.



No comments:

Post a Comment