Sunday, July 14, 2024

Week 520

Sun, Jul 14, 2024 thru Sat, Jul 20, 2024

Sun, Jul 14, 2024

Track Maintenance today...

I spent 35 minutes checking the mainline for spots like this...

First I wanted to fix the track at Kedzie Ave where the C40-8 trailing locomotive derailed.
Hopefully this will fix the problem, but I won't know until I try it out.

I'll take a video of the C40-8 going over this and 
then we'll see what happens. I'm anxious to find out.

I also fixed quite a few places where the track joiners weren't evenly spaced.

Check out these BEFORE & AFTER pics...

BEFORE - notice the "kink" in the curve

AFTER - that looks smoother.

BEFORE - the rail closest to you shows the connector
a bit more on the right rail than the left rail.

AFTER - much more centered in this photo.

I spent 10 minutes before this and 25 during this
session. For a total of 35 minutes. I will call it .5 hrs.

Mon, Jul 15, 2024

First night of VBS - No Train Activity today.

Tue, Jul 16, 2024

Adding another lap to Mixed Freight 5B

Having some issues with this straight track and the
back trucks derailing on the trailing locomotive.
Very strange!

The 2nd lap took about 26 minutes.
Several other spots where same truck derailed.

The third lap took about 22 minutes.
YIKES! Normally a lap takes about 5 minutes.


Wed, Jul 17, 2024

Finally finished 5 laps and now we're heading WB 
into the EB PYCNW Track 1.

I ran two laps today and took about 40 minutes to do it.
Still trying to trouble-shoot those trouble spots.

Waiting for the Yard Master to give permission to
enter PYCNW Trk4 EB side.

Thu, Jul 18, 2024


Finished Mixed Freight 5A putting into Yard

I'm pointing to the C3 locomotives.
The WB trailing locomotive needs work with truck.

Ran Commuter Train 1E EB to Chicago Terminal

Next up...
Commuter Train 1E Loco #138

After 2.5 laps we arrive at Chicago Terminal
Track 1

Today's session took 63 minutes.

Fri, Jul 19, 2024

Last day of VBS.
No Train Activity today.

Sat, Jul 20, 2024

New assignment for Yard Master
Moving cars in the yard into proper train location.

And here's the Clip Board
with Check list of what needs
to be done.



No comments:

Post a Comment