Sunday, April 14, 2024

Week 507

Sun, Apr 14, 2024 thru Sat, Apr 20, 2024

Sun, Apr 14, 2024

I worked for about an hour today...
I got the smart TV up and running connected to internet
and YouTube. We can watch our weekly updates now.

I also found a way to mount the two Train Order Boards
next to each other so I can set the priority trains using
both boards.

Finally, I updated the Commuter Trains/Power
cheat sheet to reflect the new storage for power
and for each train.

Mon, Apr 15, 2024

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair 6-8pm 2 hrs.
Jordan Osborn 6-7:30pm 1.5 hrs.
Marcus Thorsen 7-7:30pm .5 hrs.

Here's what we did...

Jordan admires our new monitors that haven't been
working for about two months.

Rob is getting ready to run one of the Commuter trains.

Jordan springs into action as we were having difficulties
with our Metra F40PH locomotive.

Jordan was in rare form tonight as our resident dispatcher.

Marcus joins the crew and gets to work on the
cascading rock project.

The brick wall has been trimmed out, now Marcus
works on the stone wall (white space to his left).

What do you think? I really like the stone wall.

Securing the sets in place using the glue gun.

Meanwhile, Rob takes a closer look at the Metra
F40PH locomotive that ran poorly at the start of our session.

Jordan works on his old monitor to get the DVD
player working. Not sure if this will work.

Rob continues to trouble shoot the locomotive.

Testing the locomotive.
Result: Works much better now.

Have a nice day!

Tue, Apr 16, 2024

No train activity today.

Wed, Apr 17, 2024

Hopefully I will finish up the wiring under the table...

...at Winfield/Berkeley station...

...for the station platforms and inside the station.

Thu, Apr 18, 2024

Look what got delivered today!

My new Cab/Coach Metra Commuter Car
purchased from America's Best Train & Hobby Itasca IL.

Cost Breakdown:
Item: $95
Tax: $7.36
UPS: $8
Total Cost: $110.36

One more car to do and I'll have a full set of 6 trains with 3 cars each.

Fri, Apr 19, 2024

Time to work on the grab irons of the cab/coach commuter car...

The first thing I did was to change out the couplers.

After finishing that part, it's time to add the grab irons.

I left the tabs in place so I could handle them easier.

After trimming the tabs, it was time to put the car
on the layout and check out the lighting.

I also brought out the rest of the fleet to see if I needed
to make any adjustments to the consists.

Here's the car I just finished.
It took me 1.5 hours to do the job.
30 minutes was spent just looking for parts I dropped on the floor.
UGH!
Even Jan came down to help me look.

Sat, Apr 20, 2024

Laying out the Commuter Trains to see if I need
to make any adjustments to the consists.

I need one more car to make a full set of 5 Commuter
Trains with 3 cars in each consist.

to view YouTube Weekly Layout Update 
UP Geneva Sub Circa 1995
Duration: 7:23 minutes
Season 2024 Blog 507

1 comment: