Saturday, November 4, 2023

Week 484

Sun, Nov 5, 2023 thru Sat, Nov 11, 2023

Sun, Nov 5, 2023

The Great Midwest Train Show is today!

Several people I know were planning on going...

Jordan & his dad, Chris, were there. So was Marcus, Rob Linke, and I saw a friend, Steve Dobberfulh there as I was coming he was leaving. I know Rob Fair wanted to go, but not sure if he was able to go.

Jordan and his dad took this picture.
They were looking out for me for any
Metra/RTA commuter cars.

I went to the train show and found the item and 
purchased it.

Now I need to record the purchase and do an inspection.

I am going to do something I've never done before...
I'm going to put on the hand rails. I left the tabs on the 
hand rail to use to insert the ends into the car.

Same two hand rails on the other end.

Here you can see what they look like with the tabs
trimmed off.

Other side too.

There were also some guard rails above the doorways
to the commuter car.

Lots of details on the front
of the cab.

It took me just about 1.5 hrs. to complete the inspection
including installing the handrails and other details
like windshield wipers and steps.

One last look at the workbench after my 1.5 hrs. of work.

Mon, Nov 6, 2023

Train Day!
Open House
1st Monday of the month

Attended by:
(in order of appearance)

Jordan Osborn
Tom Stover
Marcus Thorsen
Bill Rock
Carole Rock

We ran two trains tonight: 
The Excursion Steam Train and Commuter Train 1A

Here are some photos of the evening session...

Jordan and Marcus watching our trains running...

Enter Bill who was handed a throttle and started running...

Bill's wife, Carole, made herself comfortable at
Central Control Tower.

We had a question about "slots" so we called up JMRI.

Tom Stover shows us how to clear the slots to make
way for more locomotives at the command station.

Marcus supervises tonight's session.

More discussions at the Control Tower.

Marcus has left for the evening.
This is our parting shot as we prepare to call it a "wrap".

Tue, Nov 7, 2023

Look what I found on and around my workbench!

These are the two pieces that went sailing as I tried
to install them on the cab car.

Now the windshield wiper
on the left side is installed.

And one of the guard rails
above the door is now installed.

Another view of the same.

Wed, Nov 8, 2023

Preparing Mixed Manifest Train 5C for EB round.

Also taking videos to produce a training video on how to make a train.

Thu, Nov 9, 2023

Finished 5 laps with Mixed Manifest Train 5C.

Also taking videos on how to record Lap Times and how to put away locomotives.

My session ended at 0:54 minutes.

Fri, Nov 10, 2023

Working on Video production of Train Videos Part 1 & Part 2

Sat, Nov 11, 2023

Finishing up Training Video Part 2.

Need to add captions for Part 1 and then review and publish.


1 comment: