Monday, July 31, 2023

Week 470

 Sun, Jul 30, 2023 thru Sat, Aug 5, 2023

Sun, Jul 30, 2023

Filming Layout Update for July 2023

Mon, Jul 31, 2023

Editing and publishing Layout Update July 2023

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair, Jordan Osborn, Marcus Thorsen
6-8pm 2 hrs.

Operating session tonight...

Rob & Marcus begin our session in deep discussion.

Rob Fair will be taking Power B5 UP AC6000 #7510
to run Piggy-back Train 2C.

Marcus gets comfortable in the Dispatcher's Place.

Light Power running to hook up with Piggy-back Train 2C.

Jordan joined the group and carried on with Marcus.

See tomorrow's entry to view Piggy-back Train 2C video

Tue, Aug 1, 2023

To view Piggy-back Train 2C in action from Mon, Jul 31, 2023
Duration: 2 min. 2 sec.

I also finally figured out how to upload video to YouTube.
I will eventually be able to get this done quicker, but there are steps along the way that I've had to adjust since my video editor no longer uploads to YouTube. Oh well...


Wed, Aug 2, 2023


Working on installing LED lights in CNW Engine Facility

More LED lighting...

And still more...

Overview of the CNW Engine Facility
with LED lights partially installed.

These pictures are in opposite order...
Here are the light posts before installation...

All light posts installed at UP Engine Facility

I had to strip the wires to expose more of the bare wire.

Each set of 10 lamp posts took 20 minutes to prepare.

One more set to go...

Just getting started.

Each lamp post wire were stripped and the LED lights checked.

The start of this project at the workbench.

Look what came in the mail today.
The stair steps and railings that I will not be using.
Cost Breakdown:
Item $11.80
S & H: $2.99
Tax: $1.00
Total: $15.79
Sold by: Horizon Hobby on Amazon

Hopefully I will be able to use them for another project down the tracks a bit.

Thu, Aug 3, 2023

Tonight I'm going to make concrete bases for the light poles.

I will also secure the base to the pole as shown here.

These are temporary installations, but
you can get an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish.

One of the light poles was directly over a 1x4 cross
beam. I had to extend the wires.
Here I'm soldering the wires together.

Then I added some shrink tubing.

My workbench under construction.

Fri, Aug 4, 2023

No train activity today.

Sat, Aug 5, 2023

Updated Timeline & Financial Figures by month and year

Also started to install the lamp posts at UP Engine Facility

I clipped on an alligator clip below the table to hold
down the lamp. I glued the base and hopefully this
will hold everything in place.

I eye-balled the vertical and horizontal lines.

The line at the right is set.
The line on the left is getting ready to be set.

This photo shows the lamps all in line.

Raising the camera you can see them
better in that line.

Don't get distracted by the "Goo Gone".
I'm using these bottles to keep the lamps upright
and straight.

Now I'm working on line two.

Here are both lines with setting glue at the base
and the bottle holding them in place until the glue cures.

Meanwhile, these next lamp posts need the bases
set in place and glued.

DONE!
Glue set in place and line three is ready for installation.

I did notice the five lamp posts on the right are
longer than the one lamp post on the left.
I didn't realize that when I bought the items.
I hope I can keep them together so it's not obvious
one is shorter than the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment