Monday, July 17, 2023

Week 468

 Sun, Jul 16, 2023 thru Sat, Jul 22, 2023

Sun, Jul 16, 2023

Josiah was baptized today in Lake Michigan.
After I got home, I was able to put some time in on the RR...

Added another car to revenue production.
Let's go!

Even getting things straightened out in the box!

Last car to finish. Having trouble getting the cover
for the draft gear box. I'm going to switch from a clip
on to gluing a cover on the draft gear box.

Mon, Jul 17, 2023

I was up early this morning and finished the last car at the Workbench

This is the last car in the queue to be fixed at the workbench.
It will go into revenue production next run.

A look at all the cars I fixed this weekend.

One last look at the
Maintenance & Inspection
Worksheet Checklist.

Train Day!

w/Rob Fair & Marcus Thorsen.
6-8pm 2 hrs.

We got a lot done and had a great time!

Rob brought a steam engine scrapbook his dad put together.

A few manufacturer ready cards.

A look at the walls Marcus brought to install on the
elevated track section.

Marcus making a point about the walls.

Rob will be driving the switcher to switch some
cars from RIP Track 3 to PYCNW Train 5C

Picking up the cars at RIP Track 3

I'm making a few more cards that read:
"Test Car in Consist"

Another look at the walls Marcus installed tonight.

Our final discussion: "What was it like for Adam 
& Eve to walk with GOD?"

Last item for the day.
I paid my annual subscription for PowerDirector - Video Editor
 Item: $34.99
State Taxes: $2.19
Local Taxes: $26
Total: $37.44

Tue, Jul 18, 2023

Updating paperwork for upcoming train sessions...

Added Telephone poles. Next: Guard rails.

Working on paperwork.

All the cars that have been repaired are marked with
"Test Cars in Consist" cards.

Those ready for PICK UP also labeled the same.

Wed, Jul 19, 2023

Still working on the Cars in Consist Paperwork...

These are the sheets with all my notes written in.
Train 5B on the left and Train 5C on the right.

These are the new sheets with all my notes typed in.
Train 5B on the left and Train 5C on the right.

These are the changes for Train 5A

Thu, Jul 20, 2023

More paperwork...

Adding Maintenance Logs for Test Cars in Consist

Here's the paperwork attached and the Cars in Consist
paperwork for the Conductor of Train 5A

All the cars are marked either as the front or rear
of each train. These are the EB trains.

Here's the middle of Proviso Yard with all the cars
marked that are Test Cars in Consist.

Finally, these trains in the foreground are WB trains
ready for departure.

Fri, Jul 21, 2023

No train activity today.

Sat, Jul 22, 2023

Got up early to get some work done on the RR...

Time to install and wire up the street lights at
Washington St. West Chicago.

Waiting for glue to set.

In the meantime, I will secure the truck side on the
Powder River Basin Switching Locomotive.

Then move to the bridge where I will wire up the 
two cars with lights.

I also put in a new bulb in the light closest to us.
BEFORE

AFTER

Here are the two cars which I will wire up with lights.

All done!

Another view.

Ground level.

Pretty cool.

I'm thinking the lights may be a bit too bright.

If so, I will install resistors to give them a dimmer look.

Right now, they look like their brakes are on.

Later that day...

We start under the table. I'm under
Washington St. West Chicago and 
working on wiring for street lights.

I'm installing and putting electricity
to 6 street lights you'll see above.

Two more close to the facia.

And here's what it looks like from the top!
I love it!

Another perspective from a drone high above
West Chicago at night.

Someday I will  light up downtown West Chicago and this will really be quite a scene!
The only lights  you see in downtown West Chicago now is the reflection of the lights from
I290/I294 in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment