Sunday, August 6, 2023

Week 471

 Sun, Aug 6, 2023 thru Sat, Aug 12, 2023

Sun, Aug 6, 2023

More work on the lamp posts in UP Engine Facility...

Line 1 & 2 complete. Line 3 under construction.

Another view.

And still another view.

All the bottles I will use to support the lamp posts
while the glue sets.

Line 3 now setting up.

Bottles in place supporting the posts.

Another view of the same.

Last view of the day.

Oh, I almost forgot...

Look what I found on my door step today...

I think I had to buy 4 packages of these
lamp posts...here's the cost breakdown:
Item: $12.99
S & H: $6.99
Tax: $1.10
Rewards: $3.24
Grand Total: $17.84


Mon, Aug 7, 2023

I got up early this morning to take all the bottles down since the glue set overnight...

All the lamp posts are installed and ready for LED
lights to be wired.

Another view...

...and still another view.

How it looks with the locomotives back in place.

Gluing down the electrical downspout.

Trying to hide it from the front view.

Train Day!
w/Chris & Jordan Osborn 6-7:30pm 1.5 hrs.
Rob Fair & Marcus Thorsen 6-8:30pm 2.5 hrs.

Opening discussion around the tall round table.

Chris Osborn getting a close look at the details.

Click here to view tonight's action
Excursion Train 4A and 1960s Train 3A
Duration: 1 min. 12 sec.

Jordan also checking out the details.

Final group session. Very productive evening.

Marcus ran the Excursion Train 4A
ST1 4A 3 laps 75 mins.

Chris ran the 1960s Train 3A
C5 3A 3 laps 60 mins
 

Tue, Aug 8, 2023

I definitely DO NOT like the difference in the height
of the lamp posts. Do you see it?

So I removed the 10 lamp posts I already installed.

The new length of the poles should be 3 1/4"


Here they are all adjusted to the same height as
the others at the UP Engine Facility.

And the rolling stock I removed from last night's
operating session.

One more look at the workbench.

Wed, Aug 9, 2023

I'm now reinstalling the lamp posts I just took out.

Almost finished.

Last four to go.

All in place, ready to apply the glue to the base.

Now the glue is in place, now it's time to spread
it around so it will fill the cracks.

Some minor adjustments.

Thu, Aug 10, 2023

This morning I hooked up the new warning lights on the Powder River Basin bridge.

After you turn on the lights to PRB this warning light
starts blinking in a few seconds.

Look what came in the mail today.
Cost breakdown:
Item: $13.98
S & H: $8.00
Tax: $1.18
Total: $23.16

Fri, Aug 11, 2023

Putting the stairs and platforms together.
Wiring the lamps for UP Engine Facility

An added benefit of this order is the Engine Facility
platform that also came with the stair steps.

10 of the 19 positive side with resistors are installed.

Here are the 9 more.
All of the "+" side (red) with resistors are ready for solder.

Tomorrow I will plan on soldering the positive side to resistors and 
also connecting the "-" or common (black) together. 
I may even get some of the lights to illuminate. 
Very cool!

That's for tomorrow...

Sat, Aug 12, 2023

After helping Ben & Katie move today, I had some time to work on the RR...

Here's what I accomplished, from 5-7pm:
 
The finished product. I have the lights wired for
the UP Engine Facility. Yeah!

What it looks like underneath.
The power source and all the wires connected to
the (+) and the (-) side.

This is the underneath look at the "yellow" lights.

And this is the underneath look at the "white" lights.

I also rigged up a light source using a light Norm
Zielke gave me quite a few years ago.

Thanks Norm!

1 comment: