Monday, March 27, 2023

Week 452

 Sun, Mar 26, 2023 thru Sat, Apr 1, 2023

Sun, Mar 26, 2023

Working on Marion Street Substation...

I used these weights to keep the wire from falling
due to gravity. I didn't think it was that heavy to fall...

I had to use the "pads" to keep the lower wires from
falling due to gravity. 

Here you can see both are working on the same wire.

I took a break from the substation and 
came to work on lowering the deck and
building at the Bellwood station.

Another view of the station, this time from the back.

Back to the substation...time to finish the
upper wire attachments.

One more side to go...

All the wires are in place, plus I installed the gates.
Next up? The chain link fence. Coming soon...

Mon, Mar 27, 2023

Part 3 - Chain Link Fence

The chain link fence is up and operational.

Operations means it will keep the substation clear
of those who may want to get in and get electrocuted.

One more step to finish this project.
Part 4 will be to put the sand on the bottom to simulate
the floor of the substation.

Tue, Mar 28, 2023

Working on the RR...

First thing this morning...

I'm going to lay down some Catalina State Park
sand on the floor of the substation this morning.

First, I put down some water and glue.

Then I sprinkle the Catalina sand over the glue.

I will let it dry during the day and come back tonight.

Here's what it looks like tonight.
You can see some gaps on the edges
which I will reglue and redo.

After adding some glue and more sand, I put the
substation where it will be located on the layout
and will wait until it sets overnight.

Wed, Mar 29, 2023

No train activity today.

Thu, Mar 30, 2023

No train activity today.

Fri, Mar 31, 2023

A little work on Oak Park, Marion St.

Laying down the underlayment.

Oops, I moved and blurred the picture - 
I hate when I do that.

Lots more to do,
but here's a basic view of how it will look.

Sat, Apr 1, 2023

Video Production of March 2023 Monthly Layout Update

Here's the opening scene...
Duration: 00:00.29 sec.

I took the video above using my new phone which doesn't translate the videos so you won't be able to watch it. Probably not worth putting it on my blog, but I tried, so I included it just for the fun of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment