Sunday, March 19, 2023

Week 451

 Sun, Mar 19, 2023 thru Sat, Mar 25, 2023

Sun, Mar 19, 2023

A very Special Trip during vacation at the
Gadsden-Pacific Division Toy Train Operating Museum
Tucson AZ

The 1/4 train ready to depart the station.

Outdoor G Scale layout with Jan in the background.


Train Leaving the Station
Duration: 00:00.34 sec.

360 view inside the indoor building
Duration: 00:00.23 sec.

Mock Southern Pacific passenger car.

On the train preparing for departure.

Time for us to leave the station
Duration: 00:00.21 sec.

Returning back to the station
Duration: 00:00.13 sec.

Approach to the station.

My niece's son, Landon and step sister.

The other side of the mock passenger car.

My niece, Susann Gio!

My niece's husband, Mario, and their boy Lazarus.

Jan and Susann getting caught up on news at home.

Mon, Mar 20, 2023

No train activity today.

Tue, Mar 21, 2023

No train activity today.

Wed, Mar 22, 2023

Back at home. Time for trains...

I've started to trim out the sections around the sidewalks.

Preparing the street sections of both sides of Marion
Street in Oak Park.

Sidewalks all trimmed out. Now I need to find material
to fill in the rest. Should be an interesting little project.

Finished laying the brick pavement under the bridge.

Thu, Mar 23, 2023

Look what came in the mail today...

I ordered a small substation for Power Transmission
Tower destination to Oak Park from the Melrose Park
Power Plant.

Clipping all the parts.

Ready for construction. Hopefully that will begin
tomorrow...

Fri, Mar 24, 2023

I'll be working on assembling the sub station today...

Here's where the base of the substation will fit.

More light upstairs so I like to assemble my kits
at the dining room table.

Part 1 complete - the transformer.

Part 2 complete - the sub station.

Part 3 will be the chain link fence.
I need to paint the fence first then I will complete Part 3.

You can see in this picture how the sub station will be set in place
to receive the high voltage power lines from the 
Power Plant Transmission Towers.

Before I retire for the day, I wanted to paint and cut the wire for the chain link fence...

I painted the "mesh" with this metallic gray spray paint.

Then I cut the fence and hopefully I'll have enough material.

Sat, Mar 25, 2023

Special Guest
My granddaughter, Lissette, slept over last night.
She wanted to check out the train room.
Since her attention span was really short today, 
we only ran one train half way around the layout.

Train Day moved to today - 
no train day on our usual Monday next week.
w/Rob Fair & Jordan Osborn
4-6:15pm 2.25 hrs.

Lots accomplished...

Rob brought some "Java" for tonight's session.
We may get a little "wired" tonight!

Jordan stirring in some Hazelnut Creamer.

Rob is going to work on the substation tonight...

Using the different color paints for details.

Painting the details a different color than the base gray paint.

Jordan working on some personal notes during our session tonight.

We had some problems with our commuter train shorting out at this location.
I marked the trucks on each car and the locomotive to help located the potential problem spots.

Jordan made a plan and we followed it perfectly
to find our culprit!

Testing Commuter Cars for shorts
Duration: 00:00.30 sec.

We found the culprit - the middle car which is the last car we tested.
Duration: 00:00.07 sec.

We finished the night with the chain link fence.

Using Accelerator with glue to attach chain link fence
Duration: 00:00.18 sec.

After this session, I will apply what I've learned
to finish off the rest of the chain link fence around 
the small substation.

New technique - spray Accelerator first then the glue
Duration: 00:00.32 sec.

I think both techniques will end up with the same results.

Calling it a night.
Great work men!

The finished substation painted and ready for the
finishing touches - that will be the chain link fence
and the textured base using sand from Tucson AZ.




No comments:

Post a Comment