Monday, March 7, 2022

Week 397

 Sun, Mar 6, 2022 thru Sat, Mar 12, 2022

Sun, Mar 6, 2022

Remember what I did on the last day of Week 396 blog?

I prepared the basement for incoming water because the weather professionals predicted a bad rain storm would be coming through Saturday night.

Here's what I found when I checked the basement in the morning...

GOOD NEWS!
Duration: 00:00:30 sec.

The rest of the layout...
Duration: 00:00:32 sec.

This afternoon...

I took a quick trip to the Great Midwest Train Show held today at the DuPage County Fair Grounds in Wheaton IL

I had one purpose in mind!

Buy two #6 right hand switches.

I left Lord of Life at 2:06pm and got back home at 2:45pm. A record time!

Here's what I bought...

I laid out the two switches that will replace the two #6 left hand turnouts.
Why replace?

I needed these to be right hand since crossover 4 are left hand. 
It made operations more difficult by not having another option for crossover on the mainline.

When I get back from vacation I'll be installing these right about here.


Cost of Switches

2 at $13.75 each
Sub Total $27.50
Tip: $2.50
total Spent: $30.00
Vendor: Dennis at the Great Midwest Train Show

Mon, Mar 7, 2022

Arrived in Tucson AZ where Connie gave me a new Train Engineer's cap.
The first one she made was a bit too big.
This one fits "just right!"


On Vacation
Meyer Sibling Reunion
Tucson AZ

Tue, Mar 8, 2022


On Vacation
Meyer Sibling Reunion
Tucson AZ

Wed, Mar 9, 2022

Mom's Birthday - 91 years young.

On Vacation
Meyer Sibling Reunion
Tucson AZ

I took some time out of the day while relaxing to take Jeff's bike to the UP rail yard close by his house.

Here's a Google Map of the location...

See the bridge in the bottom of this image?
That's where I shot the later pictures in this series.
You can see how long the yard is in this image.

I took this picture from Kino Highway bridge.

I'll show you a picture of the location I took these pictures.

In the distance is the yard (really long) and the UP Engine Facility.

Check out the flashing red light on the signal
Duration: 00:00:30 sec.


YEP, I was right, here comes the train...
Duration: 00:00:29 sec.

I took the previous pictures from the bridge at the bottom of this image.
I took the following pictures from the bridge at the top of this image.

Here's another Google Map to show a closer view of the bridge where I took the following pictures...

You can see the Engine Facility on the right.
The yard lead and the foot bridge are in the middle.

I'd say this picture shows the half way mark of the train.

A look across to the other end of the train
Duration: 00:00:28 sec.

Another look at the Engine Facility.

And the end of the train.

As the end of the train enters the yard.
Duration: 00:00:29 sec.

I tried to get more videos of the engine facility.
Too bad the walkway of the foot bridge is in the way.
Duration: 00:00:24 sec.


More Yard shots
Duration: 00:00:15 sec.

Yard Switchers getting into position
Duration: 00:00:16 sec.


More road power.

Another shot of the engine facility.

One more...

Yard switchers.

Thu, Mar 10, 2022


On Vacation
Meyer Sibling Reunion
Tucson AZ

Fri, Mar 11, 2022


On Vacation
Meyer Sibling Reunion
Tucson AZ

Sat, Mar 12, 2022


On Vacation
Meyer Sibling Reunion
Tucson AZ


No comments:

Post a Comment