Sunday, February 6, 2022

Week 393

 Sun, Feb 6, 2022 thru Sat, Feb 12, 2022

Sun, Feb 6, 2022

Working on the RR...

Getting some scenery work done at the Powder River Basin

Filling the gap with foam pieces.

Using foam-safe glue to attach the pieces.

Tomorrow I'll paint this brown and then top it off with ground foam and trees.
I can hardly wait for tomorrow.

Mon, Feb 7, 2022

Train Day!
w/Jordan Osborn 6:00-7:30pm 1.5 hours

Here's what we accomplished...

Jordan not too happy with the placement of this new monitor.
Too high and will strain his neck.

Since we have a new PC let's load Train Simulator!
UGH! Taking sooo long to load...

Back to Powder River Basin Transfer.
Yesterday I put the fill in. Today I want to plant some trees.
First, I must paint the base brown. 

First step done!

Next, I sprinkle on the ground foam.

Then I plant some trees.

Another view.

Jordan oversees the operation.

Tue, Feb 8, 2022

More trees...

Now for some trees on the other side of the tracks.

Cutting down the ground level first.

Then adding the middle and high levels.

I will try to finish up tomorrow...

Wed, Feb 9, 2022


No train activity today.

Thu, Feb 10, 2022


No train activity today.

Fri, Feb 11, 2022


Hopefully I'll get some things done on the RR after I finish subbing at STC North HS and before Ben and I have dinner and watch the Larkin HS Boys Varsity Basketball game tonight.

Nope, no time for trains today.



Sat, Feb 12, 2022

But I was able to "catch up" today.

Here's what I did...

Adding the remaining trees at the end of the grove.

Nice view coming into the Western Suburbs.

This is the view when you walk down the steps. 
Lots more trees than ever before.

And this is the view leaving the Western Suburbs
heading for Harvard or for Powder River Basin.

I also finished the landscaping around the houses under construction.

Another look East.

And from a few steps back our last view looking east.




No comments:

Post a Comment