Sunday, September 26, 2021

Week 374

 Sun, Sep 26, 2021 thru Sat, Oct 2, 2021

What projects will I tackle this week?

Not sure, but we'll figure out something for Train Day on Monday...

Sun, Sep 26, 2021

Working on the elevation of tracks going up to and through the bridge.

We'll try to run a train over it tomorrow during our Train Day Session.

Is it level?
Length: 00:00:18 sec.

Working on leveling the track going over the bridge to the warehouse buildings.

Final placement of rail cars for Trains 5A (PY UP Tracks 4 & 5) and 5B (PY UP Tracks 2 & 3).

Final placement of rail cars for Trains 5C (PY CNW Tracks 4 & 5) & 5D (PY CNW Track 2).


Mon, Sep 27, 2021

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair, Milt Feryance, Jordan Osborn
6-8pm 2 hours

Getting caught up on the week before we get started with tonight's activities.

Rob Fair will be the conductor as Milt Feryance takes control of the throttle and checks the time.

Rob Fair throws the switches to free up the power for Train 5D tonight.

Jordan Osborn and I will run the Test Train.

Putting the Test Train together.

We had a little problem with Train 5D crossing over to WB Track 1. So we had to go over to EB Track 2. This is our crossover back to WB Track 1.

I was the conductor for the Test Train and here's my paperwork.

Train 5D passes Test Train in the middle of Proviso Yard
Length: 00:00:07 sec.

Milt and Rob checking out the Test Train.

Train 5D running up the incline at Melrose Park
Length: 00:00:13 sec.

Finishing the run and putting away the power units.
Length: 00:00:25 sec.

After putting away Train 5D and it's power we head over to the workbench to fix CNW SD40-2 #6928

Trying to fix the grinding sound, check it out...
Length: 00:00:17 sec.

Jordan and I getting ready for the last run for the Test Train.

Back at the workbench, putting the finishing touches on the SD40-2.

I like this view of the UP Engine Facility and all those locomotives.

I also had to take a look at the CNW Engine Facility.
Also rewarding.

Tue, Sep 28, 2021

Tuesday is usually my paperwork follow-up from last night's operating session.
Here is what the paperwork looks like...

The sheet on the right is the conductor's notes from tonight's run.
The sheet on the left is the updated sheet for the next run.

This sheet is what we used for the test train (on the right).
The sheet on the left is the updated sheet for the next test train.

These are two very important sheets.
The one on the left is the power codes and the train codes.
The sheet on the right is the trains that have run with assigned power.

Wed, Sep 29, 2021

I'm going to put up a mirror here to make it "look" like the track & road extend beyond the wall.

I'm going to use this Mirror Effect to make it happen.

First I need to cut the glass to fit.

You get the idea?

Change of plans. I tried to cut the glass to size but, as you can see, I had some trouble.
Instead, I'm going to use a 8x10 sheet of glass and install it in portrait mode.
I think that will look better than a short strip with a notch on one corner as shown.

Thu, Sep 30, 2021

Tonight I filmed the Monthly Layout Update

Getting ready to record the Sep 2021 monthly layout update for the UP Geneva Sub Basement layout.

Length: 00:08:20 min.

Fri, Oct 1, 2021

My day with Charlie and the trains...

I asked Charlie what train he wanted to drive and he picked this one...

But then, he changed his mind, and said, "This one" instead.
He chose the UP AC6000 #7510 (Jordan's favorite locomotive)

Happy face!

Charlie at the controls with Train 5B
Length: 00:00:08 sec.

Problems at Geneva...
Length: 00:00:16 sec.
Turns out it was a short caused by one of the cars off the tracks.

Charlie figures out the lights, horn & bell
Length: 00:00:15 sec.

Good view of Train 5B on the mainline at Proviso Yard

After Charlie left I did some switching with the cars in Train 5B

I used the switcher with permission from the Melrose Park Power Plant

Sat, Oct 2, 2021

Today I'm going to paint the Mirror Effect on the glass Jan gave me from one of her picture frames.

Before installing the mirror, I will need to extend the track.
Before extending the track I will need to extend the cork track bed.

Here's a picture of the extended cork track bed before I set the weights on top for the glue to set.

I put the mirror in the back to see what it might look like when it's finished.
I think this will work.

More next week...




No comments:

Post a Comment