Monday, September 20, 2021

Week 373

 Sun, Sep 19, 2021 thru Sat, Sep 25, 2021

Let's just start with Monday...

Sun, Sep 19, 2021

No train activity today.

Mon, Sep 20, 2021

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair and Jordan Osborn
6-8pm 2 hours

Posed shot - no beer in the stein.
Checking out the paperwork for tonight's activities.

Jordan Osborn will be our DJ tonight.

Rob Fair checking the train car order.

Getting into the nitty gritty.

We see fine, just better with a bit more light :)

Train 3A coming down the line...
Length: 00:00:08 sec.

Another video of Train 3A
Length: 00:00:11 sec.

Train 3A heading into CNW Proviso Yard
Length: 00:00:08 sec.

Final Video of the night...
Length: 00:00:18 sec.

Tue, Sep 21, 2021

Tonight I'm going to work on getting Train 5D into proper order.

I found Train 5D on Track 1 CNW PY. I pulled it out and will crossover to UP WB Track 1.

This is the point where I'm crossing over to Track 1 UP WB heading to Proviso Yard UP.

Entering Proviso Yard UP Track 6.
Tomorrow I will finish this assignment by moving the cars around in numeric order.

Wed, Sep 22, 2021

Finished classifying the cars for Train 5B.

Train 5A is all set. And now Train 5B is all set.
Located on PYUP Track 4 & 5.


Tomorrow I will try to put together the cars for Train 5C.
Part of Train 5C is on the mainline. The other part is on Track 1.

Thu, Sep 23, 2021

Getting Train 5C in order.

Here's the paperwork that shows the work I did to put the train in numeric order.

And here's Train 5C ready to take a trip around the layout and then to get reclassified again at PY CNW section. I will also sort out the cars for Train 5D. After that is finished I will accomplish my goal this week which was to classify the four mixed freights (5A, 5B, 5C, and 5D).

Fri, Sep 24, 2021

I had a sub assignment today and found out I had about 1 hour mid day to come home and run some trains...here's what I did...

Taking Trains 5C & 5D out of PY UP side...
Length: 00:00:26 sec.

Moving WB along Track 1...
Length: 00:00:30 sec.

Crossing over to Track 2 in preparation to enter PY CNW section...
Length: 00:00:31

Moving along WB along EB Track 2 (going in opposite direction)...
since we crossed over the main to go to PY CNW section.
Length: 00:00:30 sec.

Final Approach to PY CNW section.
HOLD until I get back after Subbing.
Length: 00:00:04 sec.

MORE TO COME...

Later that afternoon...

Picking up where we left off...
Trains 5C & 5D entering PY CNW section...
Length: 00:00:29 sec.

From Yard lead to throat to PY CNW Track 5...
Length: 00:00:10 sec.

Trains 5A and 5B shown waiting on right side PY UP section.
Trains 5C & 5D are waiting on left side PY CNW section for classification.
Right now they are out of order. I need to put them into numeric order per train.

Here's the same picture but from the other east end of Proviso Yard.
The UP section (on the left) is set up for WB freight.
The CNW section (on the right) is set up for EB freight.

Special Guests tonight
My Mom & Dad heading home after visiting the railroad in the basement.

Sat, Sep 25, 2021

I finished classifying the Mixed Freight Trains this week.
Trains 5A, 5B, 5C, and 5D.

I started to classify Train 5C using CNW SD40-2 #6928, but after realizing it didn't have any couplers, I had to switch power and use CNW GP-9 #1518...it did the job quite well I might add.

Here's the beginning of classification of Train 5C.
I will finish classifying both Trains 5C and 5D today.

Here's a video of final classification of 5C
Length: 00:00:30 sec.

That's it for the week.

Not sure what next week holds, but I'm anxious to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment