Monday, July 13, 2020

Week 311

Sunday, July 12, 2020 thru Saturday, July 18, 2020

This week's goals(s)
1. Finish sifting sand.
2. Finish filming S1 E5b
3. Adjusted: before ballasting yards and mainlines, I need to pour concrete
(see Wed. and Thu. entries)

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Because I miscalculated the length from UP5 (2) to UP5 (3)
I also came up short for UP5 (4).
Thus, I need to relocate the opening.

I'm repeating the steps from last week.

This opening was a double 1x4 so it took a bit more to finish the job.

Success!
I tested and everything is working properly!
Finally!

Final sifting.
This is the screen wire sifting.
Step 1.

More screen wire.

This bowl contains the largest pieces that couldn't
pass through the screen wire.

This bucket contains the "ballast" that couldn't pass through the
smaller grid - the name escapes me, but I'll put it back in the
caption once it comes to me.

And this bucket contains the smallest particles
that did pass through the smaller mesh.
It does have a name which I will figure out later...
GOAL #1 COMPLETE!

Monday, July 13, 2020

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair (6-8pm 2 hours)
and Jordan Osborn (7-8pm 1 hour)

Tonight we accomplished lots.

Rob and I started off tonight filming S1 E5b.
Train Operations moving Unit Coal Train to Proviso Yard.

Here it is...

Click Here to View YouTube Video 
Length: 00:09:12 mins.

Goal #2 Completed!

Here's what else we did tonight...

We had one more locomotive on the workbench.
Rob took on the challenge to find out what went wrong.

We started off taking off the gear box to see what we could find.
Video of GP38-2 #4615 trouble shooting
Length: 00:00:26 sec.

After further testing we adjusted the side frames.

Another video showing Rob testing the performance.
Length: 00:00:07 sec.


Applying more TLC to the GP38-2 #4615.

Jordan's Grand Entry!

We finally got everything working again.
Ready to put the shell back on again.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

No Train Activity today.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Before I begin ballasting I need to pour concrete...

I removed the shell and built the frames.
When Rob comes on Monday we'll pour the "concrete".
Here's another section of the California Avenue Metra Facility
where Rob and I will need to pour concrete.
I still need to set the frames before pouring begins.

Thursday, July 16, 2020

No Train Activity today.

Friday, July 17, 2020

No Train Activity today.

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Goal #3 partially accomplished...
pouring "concrete" before ballasting.

Before pouring "concrete" here I needed to surround the light
fixture with trim. If the light needs replacement it will be much
easier to replace with some trim and not stuck in "concrete".

Next I need to go to the commuter coach yard and put in the
platforms. Since the trim is 3/16" from the top of the rail to the
bottom of the ties I had to remove the cork in the middle.

Cork removed and taken out next to end of the rr ties.

Trim cut and put in place.

2 of the 3 sections completed.

All 3 sections completed.
Ready for pouring concrete.
Maybe tomorrow or Monday for Train Day!

We'll see soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment