Friday, July 3, 2020

Week 309

Sunday, June 28, 2020 thru Saturday, July 4, 2020

This week's GOAL:
Wire up the UP5s and get them working.

Sunday, June 28, 2020

All cleared out and washed with bleach water.

Another view.

Another UP5 up close and personal.

Here's the transformer that powers up the UP5s.

Monday, June 29, 2020

TRAIN DAY!
w/ Rob Fair 6-8pm 2 hours.
Our main goal tonight is to run the loconet cables to each UP5.

This is the main cable which runs from the Command Station
to the UP5 at the Coal Power Plant.

Oops! We have to reinstall the PRB UP5 because I bought
a 16' cable and it didn't reach. We will need to reinstall it closer.

We found a way to flip the fascia board and that would bring us
close enough to attach the 16' cable to the next UP5.
Rob and I also tried to use the newly installed UP5s, but we didn't have success.
I will contact the Digitrax Help Desk and see if I can get some help with troubleshooting.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

NTA

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

I sent a  note to Digitrax Help Desk and they responded promptly with a reply.
I'll be testing this out as soon as I get a chance...

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Cleaned up the layout a bit for a special guest coming tomorrow...

Friday, July 3, 2020

SPECIAL GUEST
Jim Naatz at the controls.
Jim Naatz stopped by today for a visit.
He and I played one-on-one basketball on the driveway at 407 back in the day.

Saturday, July 4, 2020

I did a lot of trouble shooting today.
I found out one of the UP5 was defective.
I will be returning that panel to Digitrax for repair.

In the meantime, I went ahead and ordered two more 16' cables and one more UP5 panel.

Should arrive next week.

Here's where I'll install the 5th UP5 panel...The location will be #3.


This spot is half way between UP5 (2) and UP5 (4). UP5 (5) is at PRB.

The distance between UP5 (2) and UP5 (3) is the same as the distance between UP5 (3) and UP5 (4).
That distance is 15'.

It's a great fit and I don't need to order another 50' cable and cut it up.
That's why I ordered two 16' cables.

We'll be all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment