Friday, May 22, 2020

Week 303

Sunday, May 17, 2020 thru Saturday, May 23, 2020

My goal this week is to work on the lighting at the Metra California Avenue Maintenance Facility.
Thinking especially of you, Dean Hatzis!

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Before installing the lighting for this building I need to make sure it stays put!

Look closely and you can see four corner posts that will hold the shed in place.

With the two building removed, you can see the 8 corner posts in place.

Securing the building corners
Length: 00:00:33 sec.

QC on the secured building...
Length: 00:00:15 sec.

Monday, May 18, 2020

NTA

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Happy Birthday Greeting to Carlos Baez for his birthday today!
Length: 00:00:30 sec.

I need to add the pads for the switch machines.
I've cut them out and now they're under the weights for the glue to hold in place.

I'm kit-bashing the canopy which will hold the light for the back dock at the California Ave. Metra Mainteance Facility.

I had to drill a hole in the center where the canopy will be installed.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

NTA

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Last weekend we were on 3rd Street in Geneva and I noticed the RR tracks were being worked on at the Metra Station. Today I went to take a look at all what was happening...
Nice prototype photo of the crossing pads and the asphalt surroundings.

Looking east from the Geneva Metra station.
Back in the basement...
Tonight I'm going to mount the LED light and then install the canopy.


Just like in real life I have the support beams in place while the glue sets up overnight.
Back at Powder River Basin
Just making sure the switch machine pads are in the proper location.
Yes they are!

Friday, May 22, 2020

No Train Activity Today
James, Natalie, Josiah and Lissette came to visit this weekend so we'll be pretty busy with them.

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Josiah and I discovered how to work the flashlights.
We added flashlight tag to our train activities for the day.

Josiah playing with his trains talking about Locomotives
Length: 00:00:20 sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment