Sunday, May 10, 2020

Week 301

Sunday, May 3, 2020 thru Saturday, May 9, 2020

Sunday, May 3, 2020

This week my goal is to organize and put away everything on the top of the Powder River Basin shelf. 

Here we go, let's see how I do...
It's Sunday, and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the task at hand, but if I can keep at it a little each day, I think I can reach my goal this week.

Monday, May 4, 2020

If you compare the pictures from top to bottom, you can definitely make out the progress.
Watch how the table piles shrink and the shelves fill up.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

You can see my Index sheet in the middle of the top shelf.
Those items will need to be located at prime real estate so I can get to them quick and easy.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

The middle section is taking shape.
Also removed all the items on the ends.

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Wow! The table stuff is almost all gone.
Keeping things toward the middle.
HEY! What happened to the table?

Friday, May 8, 2020

Well, some of the table stuff was moved to the workbench.
I made an addition to the workbench. Can you tell what it is?
See last entry for today and I'll give you the answer...

It really is amazing what you can accomplish if you just keep at something and do a little at a time.

I use the TV stand as a temporary table when I'm needing to pull boxes out to put things away.
Answer to question posed earlier today: 
I took out the bottom two shelves to make room for the 3-ring binders. Go back and take a look. This will be much better for me when working at the workbench.

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Whoa! I can't believe it!
The Powder River Basin is ready for track planning.

I'm sure I'll make some minor adjustments for organzizing the shelves, but I'm pretty happy with what I got done!

Now we can change our attention to what is next!
Track planning on the way to Wyoming's Powder River Basin.

I have my ruler and 2" track gauge and pencil ready to start the trainsfer.

First, I asked Josiah to come and check out the track plans to make sure we have everything we'll need.

Josiah having fun with "his trains".
Using the flash light to inspect the wheels on the track.
Length: 00:00:10 sec.

First step: Draw the track plan on the plywood surface.

Drawing out the track plan on the plywood.
Length: 00:00:23 sec.

Before drawing the plan I had to figure out how the operations would work with coal trains arriving and departing.
More on that much later...

Here's a drone shot of the track plan.
Next week I will begin securing the cork...

No comments:

Post a Comment