Sunday, May 17, 2020

Week 302

Sunday, May 10, 2020 thru Saturday, May 16, 2020

Sunday, May 10, 2020

My goal this week is to finish the cork track bed for the Powder River Basin (PRB).
Let's see how I do this week.
I've got the cork cut out and laid out on the bridge going to the PRB.

Now it's time to start cutting out the cork for the two yards.

Here are the pieces laid out and getting ready for adhesive.

Before we glue, let's cut out a bit more cork...

Checking the track and the bend going into PRB.

Now it's time to start the gluing of the cork in place.

Once the glue is in place we need to put the weights in place and let it set overnight.

Monday, May 11, 2020

We continue to the gluing process down the line.

Same procedure.
Glue in place, fit cork, place board on cork, then the weights on top of the wood, wait at least 6 hours (preferably overnight).

Looking down the line.
I may put a series of these shots together to show the progressing of this project.

Lots of gluing today.
This is the final stage as we wait for the weights.

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Poor centering job on this video. No conversation.
I tried to capture the westbound entry into PRB to the end of the line.
Length: 00:00:18 sec.

In this video I tried to capture the eastbound exit out of PRB.
Length: 00:00:16 sec.


A drone view of the construction of the PRB arrival and departure tracks and corresponding yard layout.

Overview of the entry into PRB.

More work on the departing yard track cork bed.


Wednesday, May 13, 2020

I had to do some minor repairs so the production process will take a bit of a hit, but I still think we're on track to meeting our goal this week of laying the cork track bed at PRB.

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Now it's time to lay the cork track bed for the arrival yard.

Lots of glue, boards, and weights.
And now...we wait.

Friday, May 15, 2020

I was up this morning from midnight until 1:30am mopping up rain water that seeped in over the entire wall at the PRB. I will show you some minor damage that the water caused to the newly installed yard cork bed.
After removing all the boards and weights we assess the damage.

Unfortunately some of the glue stuck to the wood so when I lifted the wood the cork came up with the board.
You can see two "holes" left by the cork that stayed glued on the board.

This is a better picture of the missing cork.

There's another section that had water leak on it, but it dried out with no worse for wear.

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Well, I did accomplish this week's goal:
To finish the cork track bed for the entire PRB.

Today we had a lot going on but I did try to trouble shoot the LNWI.
I failed again and have finally made the final decision to sell my LNWI on ebay to the hightest bidder.

This was a test LNWI sent to me by Phil Abernathy from Young Harris GA.
He was intrigued by my problem and sent me his LNWI that worked at his home.
We figured out it was my basement not either LNWI that caused the problem.
Still a major bummer, but I'll move on with the LocoNet manual hookups to the layout facia.
James told me I need to go "Old School" so I sent him this picture to show him I already am "Old School"
She's a beut!


No comments:

Post a Comment