Sunday, January 15, 2017

Week 129

Week 129

Sunday, January 15, 2017 thru Saturday, January 21, 2017

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Got a lot done today.

Here's what I did...

I've got two of the four pillars in place.

Here are the four pillars self standing.
Next is the roof.

And there we have it.
Now I need to install the lights and we have Kedzie Avenue station in tact.

Next I began painting the "skinny" building.
First the trim.

I decided to paint the water tower supports gray.
I like that better than the concrete color.

More trim work on the cupola.
I also took this picture because of the door threshold I painted.
A bit tricky.

I also did a bit more on the chain link fence.

Then back to the "skinny" building for some brick painting.
I'll finish this up tomorrow night with Rob Fair and Jordan at our next Train Session.
Monday, January 16, 2017
TRAIN EVENING!

Check out what we did tonight...


Rob Fair assigned to replacing speaker in our GE AC6000.
Listening to which of two speakers is bad.


Length: 00:00:07s
Listen carefully and you'll know if it's the left or right speaker that is bad.


Rob Fair hooking up the sound locomotive to check for flaws.

Jordan Osborn posing.

Rob Fair works on the guts of the UP AC6000 at the work bench.

Meanwhile, I continued painting the "skinny" building on Western Avenue.

Wah Lah! Finished!

Final pose for the night.
Great work, crew!
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
More progress...
The chain link fence progress...

Securing the bottom horizontal support.

Painted the side of the foundation at Kedzie Avenue.
I'm thinking we may use Plexiglas here instead of the trim.

Another view of the same.

Note how the four ends are not connected to the posts.
You'll see in the next shot how I connected them.

I used the weights to push the parts together and then used CA to secure the ends.

The final piece of the model has been added.
What is it? See answer below.
I have no extra parts left over.

If you said, "The water tower."
You are correct.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017
TRAIN DAY!
The gang's all here (except Josh)
Left to Right: Ed Nelson,  Dean Hatzis, Carlos Baez, Jordan Osborn
After our initial photo shoot, we got to work.
Everyone worked from 4-5pm tonight. 
Lots going on at church tonight.
Carlos Baez began work on the Western Avenue "skinny" building.

Length: 00:00:30s
Carlos  Baez working the power tool.
Cutting some plastic joint runners for the "skinny" building on Western Avenue.

Dean Hatzis & Carlos Baez discuss details on the "skinny" building.

Ed Nelson continued his work on the cars from the repairs shop.

Ed Nelson putting cars back on track into service again.
Great work, Ed!

Dean Hatzis worked on the window fillers this week.
Great job, Dean! Looks like the real thing!

Thursday, January 19, 2017
My goal this weekend is to finish the chain link fence on the Western Avenue side.
Here's what I did tonight.
And now, the play by play...

This is the section of the fence I need to complete.
Note the bottom bars are not connected to the posts.

First, I need to put in the supports in place to keep the bars the proper distance off the concrete floor.

Next, I cut the bar to fit and then put weights on top to keep in place.

With the weights on top and the weight in the front I keep the bar where it needs to be so I can glue in place.

There! Now it's complete. Pretty cool.

As I was working, our friend, Elder, stopped to check out the progress.
He's become our little mascot.
I wonder if it is the same one.
I think next time I see him I'll  paint his/her wing and keep track of his/her whereabouts.

Finally, at the end of the line, by the gate, I had to trim out the glue on the top rail.
I glued on the clips to the gate and will tackle that tomorrow.
Have a good day/night!

Saturday, January 21, 2017
The speakers for the GE AC6000 came in today.
Guess what we'll be doing on Monday's TRAIN NIGHT?


No comments:

Post a Comment