Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 127

Week 127
Sunday, January 1, 2017 - Saturday, January 7, 2017

Sunday, January 1, 2017
I'm starting the New Year with Western Avenue Buildup.

I want to get started on the Chain Link Fence Project around Global 1.

Tonight I spray painted the plastic parts metallic gray


Monday, January 2, 2017
Today, Jordan came over and helped me lay out the posts for the Chain Link Fence Project.
I also did some work on widening the skinny building in the top left corner of this picture.
You can see the posts go from top right around to the left and down to the bottom middle.

We'll need to buy another box of chain link from CornerStone Model Buildings.
You can get a better picture of the, now widened' Western Avenue building.
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
TRAIN DAY!

Dean Hatzis and Jordan Osborn came right on time.
We missed Carlos - had a real bad medical weekend. Getting better.
Ed Nelson - was seen Sunday at church, but not sure why he missed tonight.
Josh Jones - working?

Tonight we worked on Western Avenue Buildup.
Jordan also brought his label maker and we updated the labels for the Crossover switches.

Dean Hatzis begins work on the "skinny building".

We made a few minor detail adjustments.
We added a ledge to the roof section to hold the addition roof section.

Here we're setting up the roof attachment.
Building is now upside down.

You can see the new labels for Crossovers 1 & 2.
 \

And for Crossovers 3 & 4.


One more look at the adjustments made to the "skinny building".
Friday, January 6, 2017
I was a SUB for Lisa Mack today at STC North HS.
She didn't have a 7th or 8th period, so I was able to come home at 12:35pm.
I spent some time with Natalie and Josiah as well as our neighbor Sue and my oldest daughter, Emily - and , of course, my lovely bride, Jan.

I did steal away to the basement when I got the chance and here's what I did today...

I knew I had to cut out a space for two doorways on this front panel.
Here are the doors already installed that I took from the Howard Johnson restaurant.
Unfortunately I had to destroy the HJ to kitbash this building.

This is a Google Earth printout of the prototype building I'm modeling on Western Avenue.

I noticed the doors had an arch and pillars, so I cut some plastic from the HJ building and put this together.
What do you think?

Then I  painted the concrete trim areas.
It's a lot of concrete. Way more than the prototype, but that's the way the building came.

Then I looked at my work space and decided to take a picture of the mess I made.
You can also see what's left of the HJ restaurant.
Tomorrow I hope to paint the brick work.
That should really make the model POP!

I can hardly wait.



2 comments:

  1. Wish I had been there. Missing you guys and the railroad ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Arches look awesome ! ! ! Nice kitbashing ! ! !

    ReplyDelete