Sunday, July 31, 2016

Week 105

Week 105

Sunday, July 31, 2016 - Saturday, August 5, 2016

Sunday, July 31, 2016
Working on the railroad today.

My plans are to finish the curb and gutters on the northeast side of Western Avenue.

Here's the start...
I made a base for the drain piece.
I also had a carve out a little section for the drain piece to fit in snug in the curb.

 This is the same shot but from a bird's eye perspective.

 Once the drain piece was in place I taped it over so the concrete wouldn't get on it.

 I had to put more glue on part of the road way.
While it was drying I put the sidewalk base in along the highway.

 Here's the weights holding down the glued roadbed.

After a few hours I came back to put in the gutter.

 The curb just popped up as I put in the plaster.
Interesting outcome.

 Unfortunately the tape wasn't wide enough and I got some plaster on the black roadbed.

 This may or may not work, but I spread the plaster over the entire roadbed thinking, "I meant to do that."
But really I didn't.
Then I removed the tape as you see in this picture.

This is the final picture of the night.
It captures the finished curb and gutter and the botched roadbed surface.

We'll see what happens on our next adventure in the RR World....

See you next time.

Monday, August 1, 2016
"Next time" is here!

What happened?

Here you go.
This is what happened tonight.

 First, I tried to remove the plaster from the roadway.
Not sure I like it, but it does look kinda "wintery".

 Next, I removed the end supports and then used Dean's Concrete paint to paint the tarmac.

So, whadyathink?

We still need to sand the rest of the "concrete".

More to come...

Wednesday, August 3, 2016
Yep! It's TRAIN DAY

Full House today.
Ed Nelson, Jordan Osborn, Josh Jones, Carlos Baez, and Dean Hatzis.

And here's what we did today!


Dean Hatzis & Ed Nelson worked on the Western Avenue underpass.


 Carlos Baez drilled holes for the feeder wires and then placed them in location for soldering next week.

 Josh Jones & Jordan Osborn at the controls working on Train Operations.

 Tried to capture the progress on the underpass.

Dean Hatzis really in the hole.

Check out this video for some animation.
Length: .09s


 Dean Hatzis in action getting out from under the hole.

Dean Hatzis not ready for the photo shoot.
He installed the ledge tonight that will hold Kedzie Avenue Station.

Thursday, August 4, 2016
Now that Dean brought all the pieces to finish the base of Western Avenue,
I thought I'd get a head start and secure the pieces in place.

Here's a picture review of the progress...

Here's the base of the incline at Western Avenue.

 Added the filler pieces of wood.

 Then the pre-cut wedges Dean planned and presented.

The overlayment.

 Glueing in place.

 Overnight weight.

More of same.

No comments:

Post a Comment