Friday, July 8, 2016

Week 102

Week 102

VACATION WEEK

Jan and I are heading to Geneva NY for a wedding near where we'll be staying.

We'll be staying on Lake Seneca which is one of 11 lakes of the Finger Lakes in mid-state NY.

When we arrived I noticed RR tracks right near our home.

Our first night, while we were in bed, we heard a train on the tracks just across the street.

Turns out the tracks are owned by Norfolk and Southern operated by a ShortLine RR named 
Finger Lakes RR.

Here's the crossing:

 Looking South...

Here's the northbound route along the lake.

One of the following mornings I heard another train coming and raced up the hill to take this video:
Watch as the engine goes by...
I even got a wave from the engineer.

I began putting the warehouse model as soon as we got settled on Monday, July 4th.

Here's the progress...


I got to this point and realized the front of the building was on the angled side. 
Not acceptable.
So I had to "kitbash" my first structure and remove the base and have the front be the back and the back be the front. UGH!

 I also decided the model needed a paint job so I stopped by the downtown hobby store (pretty cool) and purchased some paint and paint brushes.


All I need to do now is add the roof accessories.
Then I'll be all done!

There will be one more picture coming soon...

Actually
Three more.
Roof accessories installed.
Finished product.
Back view
Front view - Western Avenue.
Front and side view. Western Ave and W. 15th Street

I'll see if I can put the prototype here...


1 comment: