Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 104

Week 104

Sunday, July 24, 2016 thru Saturday, July 30, 2016

Sunday, July 24, 2016
It's another week where I just feel like getting some stuff done.

Check these out...

 I started out trying to figure out how to do the road with curb & gutters.

 I realized if I wanted sidewalks in the tunnel, I would need to readjust.
As you can see, I did by bringing the supports back a bit.

 I will need to ask the guys on TRAIN DAY how to taper down the slope.

 This shot shows me getting ready to mix the plaster.

 Do you see the wide spatula?
That's where I'm pouring the "concrete".

 I poured on one side and then the other.
Now I'm getting ready to pour in the middle.

 Done!

 Now I'm going to start on the roadway.

 Since I refigured the width of the roadway, I need to recut those cork strips.

 After cutting to fit, I glued them down and put weights to keep in place.

 Then I began to cut the "asphalt" pieces before, between, and after the tracks.

 I also laid down the layer of "asphalt" with glue and weights to secure in place.

 Here you can see the layers.
First is the gray base.
Next is the cork sub base.
Then the top "asphalt" coat.

 Nice.
I still need to test a few cars over the rails and roadway.

 I could put several of these shots together to make a timelapse show.

 I like the way this looks.
Now we're ready for the lines.

Another closeup view.

More tomorrow.

See you then!

Monday, July 25, 2016

Well, I went down in the basement and got "stuck" in the whirlwind of progress.

I was stalled so instead of working on the railroad I cleaned up my workbench.

So, What's On Your Workbench This Week?

Here you go...

Now that looks a whole lot better than what it's been the last few weeks.

Wouldn't you agree?

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Other obligations today.
The train layout had another "rest" day.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016
YES! TRAIN DAY!

A bit of a concern.
I didn't hear from Carlos and Ed tonight! Not sure what happened.
BUT, Dean and Jordan showed up and here's what we did...

 Dean Hatzis inspecting the new road bed.
He liked it!

Jordan Osborn giving his "two cents".

Dean Hatzis getting ready to prepare "the slope".

Here is Dean explaining his approach.
 
Length: .20s

Dean Hatzis continues his work on the "slope".

Jordan & Dean making a few final comments before Dean leaves "the hole".

A final, "Farewell" from my good neighbor, Jordan Osborn.

1 comment: