Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 106

Week 106

Sunday, August 7 - Saturday, August 13, 2016

Sunday, August 7, 2016
My goal this week is to finish Western Avenue.

Monday, August 8, 2016 
 I filled in the gaps with grey caulk.

 View looking east.

 All the forms are set and ready for the "concrete" to be poured.

Another view.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016
TRAIN DAY with Special Guest...

*Chris Osborn*
Jordan's Dad!


Look who else showed up...


 Yes, at their usual post - The Central Control Tower
Jordan Osborn and Josh Jones.


Ed Nelson in the hole this week.
Dean Hatzis with the headband!

Chris Osborn looking on as Dean and Ed continue their work on Global 1.

This week I also took a couple of videos...
Length: 1.09min.
I took another video tour of the layout.
Started out taking an arial videoshoot of the CNW EB Unit Coal Train.
Then I traveled the layout and ended up with an arial shot of Proviso Yard looking west.



Jordan and Josh took our Metra run into the terminal.
I like the way this developed.
Length: 0.11s

Here's the approach and the final voice of appreciation.
Length: 0.10s

Friday, August 12, 2016
Home alone so I thought I would finish the sidewalks and fix the messed up pavement on Western Avenue. Take a look...
I finished pouring the plaster in the sidewalk molds.

 Now over to Western Avenue repairs.

I scraped all the excess white plaster.
I kept the plaster in the low spot as shown.
You can see the cut out piece of asphalt I will lay over the low spot.
The glue is already in place.

 There you go.
How's that look now?
Much better than it was, that's for sure.

 One more shot of the sidewalk job before I leave for the night.

Saturday, August 13, 2016
Today my goal was to fix the switch so the Metra 132 would no long derail.
Here are the pics to show the progress on the project...
 Original layout.
See the kink?

 I removed the track spikes and moved out the outer mainline.

That's better.

Reinstalled the ground throw.

Buried the feeder wires.

It may need to be shortened a bit to remove the strong curve.

I took a video to get another look.
Length: 0.12s

No comments:

Post a Comment