Sun, Sep 13, 2026 thru Sat, Sep 19, 2026
Finished editing, producing, uploading weekly layout update video and blog production for family & friends.
![]() |
| Special Guest: My brother Bill |
Mon, Sep 14, 2026
Train Day!
w/Rob Fair 6-8pm 2 hrs.
Working on the HO scale Railroad Crossing Gates/Bells/Light System from WeHonest
![]() |
| I set up the temporary work station again at Powder River Basin |
![]() |
| Rob worked on one model, I worked on the other. |
![]() |
| Together we finished two sets. Two more to go. |
Click on link to weekly layout update in Saturday's entry for today's progress report.
Tue, Sep 15, 2026
![]() |
| I'm going to try to attempt to install these RR crossing gates at Melrose Park S. 19th Ave crossing. |
![]() |
| The hole I drilled is a very snug fit. I tried to screw the device all the way to the ground, but it wouldn't go all the way. |
![]() |
| The gate is too high, so I will try again to redrill the hole so the base will sit on the top of the asphalt road. |
![]() |
| I'm trying to remove the wires so I can redrill the holes and start over tomorrow. Jan said she'd help me. YES! |
Wed, Sep 16, 2026
![]() |
| Starting over, removing existing RR crossing signals, then redrilling the hole for the gate crossing. |
![]() |
| Figuring out how to get the wires down into the hole. |
![]() |
| The key was to put the ends of the wires back to back in a tube then pull that tube through the hole and remove the tips. |
![]() |
| Now to replace the items I removed for initial installation. |
![]() |
| How about that? Looks pretty good! |
![]() |
| A different view from a drone. |
Thu, Sep 17, 2026
![]() |
| Tonight's session begins at 6:53pm... |
![]() |
| I figured out how to wire up the constant on end of gate light. I just need to add a resistor to the (+) terminal. Check out the Weekly Update Layout Video for the proof of this project. |
![]() |
| I will add two of these at the terminal block for each of the two signals run by these circuit boards. |
![]() |
| Here's another view of the resistors in place. |
![]() |
| I also had to change the number of tracks displayed by how many tracks the gates protect. This signed used to say "2" now it says "4" |
![]() |
| Showing a close up makes me think I need to trim the bottom of the "3" label. |
![]() |
| This is what the original sign shows. |
![]() |
| I also drilled out the holes at the S. West Street crossing in Wheaton IL |
![]() |
| I ended tonight's session at 7:33pm and headed upstairs. |
Fri, Sep 18, 2026
![]() |
| Adding resistors for end lights on gate crossings. |
![]() |
| Trying to figure out how many cables and sensors I need for each crossing on the layout. This one is at Washington St. West Chicago |
![]() |
| That took about .5 hours. |
![]() |
| Here is the Washington St. location and Geneva. |
![]() |
| Two more - Wheaton & Melrose Park. |
Sat, Sep 19, 2026
Early morning session 6:06-7:25am
Late morning session 11:33am - 12:26pm
Evening session 4:56-5:42pm
to view Weekly Layout YouTube Video
Duration: 10:05 min:sec
Description
What's ON Track this Week?
*Rob highlights tonight's accomplishments
*How to insert wires under and thru the layout
*How to wire the end light on the gate
*Summary of this week's projects
*Thanks for watching!
*I appreciate your comments!






















































No comments:
Post a Comment