Sun, Jun 7, 2026 thru Sat, Jun13, 2026
Working on Weekly Layout Update.
See last week's blog 618 in Saturday's entry for link to YouTube video
Mon, Jun 8, 2026
Train Day!
Rob Fair or Jordan Osborn couldn't make it tonight.
It was just me.
![]() |
| Running WB Sequence Train 1 Intermodal Train 2B with Power C5 CNW Analog units GP38-2 4614 5053 |
![]() |
| Pulling Intermodal Train through West Chicago. |
![]() |
| Across Washington Street and old WeGo Depot |
![]() |
| Drone view of the WB Intermodal Train 2B |
![]() |
| After completing the 5.5 lap journey I return the light power locomotives back to the CNW Engine Facility |
![]() |
| I used the Global 1 Switcher a UP C44-9W 6250 to switch the cars into place after the mainline power brought the train into Global 1 |
![]() |
| Here I'm dropping off the end of train device car |
![]() |
| Here is the Intermodal Train 2B all in their assigned positions. |
![]() |
| Another view of the same. |
Tue, Jun 9, 2026
Started Sequence Train 3
Metra Commuter Train 1A WB NWline to Harvard
![]() |
| Using F40PH 132 power |
![]() |
| Sequence Train 3 Commuter Train 1A NWline Chicago to Harvard |
![]() |
| The Cars in Consist Manifest sheet |
![]() |
| That took about 14 minutes. I'll record 1/4 hr. |
Wed, Jun 10, 2026
Up early to run Sequence Train 3
Metra Commuter Train 1A WB on the NWline to Harvard
![]() |
| First lap on the Northwest Line to Harvard WB or Outbound |
![]() |
| I captured this bus scene along the way... |
![]() |
| Arrived Harvard ontime. |
![]() |
| That took about 20 minutes. I will write in .5 hours for total time spent on the RR |
Later that day, I ran Sequence Train 4 - the EB Inbound Metra Commuter Train from Harvard to Chicago on the UP Metra Northwest Line
![]() |
| EB (Inbound) Metra Commuter Train heading to Chicago from Harvard IL |
![]() |
| The locomotive is pushing the cars ahead... |
![]() |
| ...through Proviso Yard. |
![]() |
| Arriving at Chicago Terminal Track 7 |
![]() |
| Passengers head to their destinations. |
![]() |
| Locomotive Metra F40PH is disconnected from train and is serviced at the Chicago Terminal Engine Shop |
![]() |
| Several other locomotives are also getting some needed attention. |
Thu, Jun 11, 2026
![]() |
| Running Sequence Train 5 which is setting up Unit Coal Train 2A-P1 |
![]() |
| Pulling the empty cars out of the Melrose Park Power Plant |
![]() |
| After making up the train, I pulled all the cars out to the mainline to wait for the road power... |
![]() |
| The UP B40-8 switcher 1803 returns to it's storage location |
![]() |
| Here's a picture of the rest of the unit coal train ready for pick up. |
![]() |
| Pulling out the assigned road light power from the CNW engine facility... |
![]() |
| ...and attaching to the unit coal train to prepare for departure of the Sequence Train 6 2A-P2a. |
![]() |
| Looking down the rest of the train... |
![]() |
| ...to the end of the train. |
Tomorrow I'll run this half way to the Powder River Basin...
Fri, Jun 12, 2026
Running Unit Coal Train 2A WB on Track 2.
![]() |
| Running WB on Track 2 on way to Powder River Basin |
![]() |
| Near California Avenue empty Metra Coach Yard |
![]() |
| Crew change at Employee Only stop half way to Powder River Basin |
![]() |
| That took about .75 of an hour. |
Sat, Jun 13, 2026
Working on Weekly Layout Update
to view what I published on YouTube
Duration: 15:13 min:sec
Description
What's ON Track this Week?
Lots of train running. No project updates.
Sequence Trains 1 & 2 Intermodal Train 2B WB to Global 1
Sequence Trains 3 & 4 Metra Commuter Train 1A WB NWline to Harvard & then EB to Chicago
Sequence Trains 5 & 6 Unit Coal Train bound for Powder River Basin
Thanks for watching and making comments





































Did any intermodal cars derail?
ReplyDeleteYes, when I was entering the yard I had a derailment, other than that the intermodal train rain well. I gave it a passing mark for its performance.
Delete