Saturday, September 16, 2023

Week 477

 Sun, Sep 17, 2023 thru Sat, Sep 23, 2023

Sun, Sep 17, 2023

I've been working on the RR...

Tonight I'm going to install the new UP5 I bought
from B&G last week.

I will use this location when consisting the CNW
locomotives and moving them out of the Engine Facility

The opening states it should be as shown above.

Drilling out the initial holes, and then using the
jig saw to cut out the small square.

Ready for inserting the UP5.

All set and ready to be hooked up.
That part will come much later, because I need to
figure out which cable to use.


I thought I should get started on the platforms at the CNW Engine Facility.

I'll need to go back and label each and then label the
cork below so I make sure I install them in the proper location.

A look from the other side.

Working on the next priority train - #5.
Mixed Freight Train 5A...



 ...led by power C4 C44-9w #8659 & 8718

Here's the conductor's paper-
work - Cars in Consist.

Connecting the caboose to the rear of the train.


Tracking the Mixed Freight Train 5A as it makes 
the first lap around the layout going EB on Track 2.

One more try on uploading a video.
I don't have high hopes for the blog.
If it doesn't work I'll just upload a YouTube video.

Here goes...


Nope, it didn't work.

to view the 33 second YouTube video instead...

Mon, Sep 18, 2023

Train Day!
with Rob Fair (6-8pm 2 hrs)
Jordan Osborn (6-7:30pm 1.5 hrs.)
Marcus Thorsen (6-7:45pm 1.75 hrs.)

Marcus brought over a ton of landscaping materials.

Jordan reviews the product.

Discussing the latest in spiritual matters.

Running trains. Mixed Freight Train 5A heading
EB in lower left corner of this picture. Also, in view,
is the Excursion Train 4A on the elevated tracks
in the distance.

Here comes the Mixed Freight Train 5A coming
around the bend.

to view two trains meeting near Melrose Park Power Plant
Video duration: 0:29 sec.

Mixed Freight 5A on elevated track.

to view YouTube 0:12 sec video of Crossover 
of the EB Track 2 Mixed Freight Train 5A to WB Track 1
WB to enter Proviso Yard UP Track 1.

Final approach into Proviso Yard UP West Yard
Track 1. This is an EB train ending up it's 5 lap run
in the WB yard eventually returning on a WB trip.

Tue, Sep 19, 2023

No train activity, but I did catch another mouse.

Wed, Sep 20, 2023

So far I've caught 5 mice.

I was also able to organize the cars I removed from service on Monday...

These are the 5 cars I removed.
All because of coupling issues.

This is the conductor's report
which shows all the activity
from Monday's operating session.

I will put all 5 of these cars through a full maintenance inspection.

Thu, Sep 21, 2023

Working at the workbench tonight...

One down 4 to go...

The first car is ready for PICK UP and the next
WB test run for Mixed Freight Train 5A.

Fri, Sep 22, 2023

Working at the Workbench and getting more cars back in service...

Just two more cars to go. Here's what it looks like
at the workbench as I work through each inspection sheet.

This was a very old order that I finally finished.

Here are the 5 cars that were removed from service
on Monday but ready for work by today, Friday.

Another look at my busy workbench.

This is the inspection checklist.

I also resurrected this car from a cardboard box
that Marcus brought to one of our train sessions.

This car will be added to Mixed Freight Train 5A
next time it runs WB.

Sat, Sep 23, 2023



No comments:

Post a Comment