Sunday, September 10, 2023

Week 476

Sun, Sep 10, 2023 thru Sat, Sep 16, 2023

Sun, Sep 10, 2023

I did some switching today.
First, I moved the 1960s train
from the CNW yard to the UP yard.

I used power C3 CNW C40-8s to make the move.

I also pulled out Manifest Train 5D out on the mainline.

Finally, I have the Excursion Train 4A just ahead going WB.

And here's what it looks like on the Train Order Board.




Making progress on the Train Order Board...FINALLY!

Mon, Sep 11, 2023

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair (6-8pm 2 hrs.)
Jordan Osborn (6:15-6:45pm .5 hr.) & 
Marcus Thorsen (6:30-8pm 1.5 hrs.)

Jordan and Rob cameo

Marcus & Rob
Let's get to work.

Taking out the new old switch and will replace with
brand new Atlas Code 100 #4 left hand switch from Rob.

Rob has to make some minor
adjustments before installing
Track 1.

He had to pull out the old track
to put in the new track.

Making the minor adjustments.

We didn't quite finish the project. 
Rob texted me and said he would drop off a new 3' piece of flex track, 
so we won't have to install two short pieces, 
just one long piece.

Thanks a lot, Rob!

Tue, Sep 12, 2023

Laid the new track Rob dropped off today.

Check this out...

Here's the 3' flex track Rob
dropped off at my home today.

I took out the old track and 
will lay down the new track
in this open space.

Cut to fit and it fits perfectly.

A look from the other direction.

Much better!

Wed, Sep 13, 2023

Up early to get some work done on the RR...

Cutting out a piece of cork to
use as spacer between the
old platform & the new track.

Using new hot glue gun to 
fit things in place.

New cork cutout section in place.

Painting new section AND
installing Track signage.

Looking good.

Today I went to B&G and bought a new UP5 panel.
Cost breakdown:
Item $18.00
Tax $1.53
Total $19.53

Tonight I came to the trainroom
to ballast the new track I just installed.

Thanks, Rob, for the new 3' flex track you dropped off on Tuesday.

Thu, Sep 14, 2023

I was up early again this morning...

BEFORE
weathering

AFTER
weathering

AFTER
vacuuming

I had a little hole here so I
filled it with black cinders.

I also finished refilling the
track with the same ballast.

This evening a finished up the job at the UP Engine Facility

BEFORE
I moved the locomotives back into their "parking" places.

AFTER
I moved the locomotives back into the "parking" places.

Fri, Sep 15, 2023

No train activity 

 Sat, Sep 16, 2023

Big day with family, but after I got back home I had some time to chill in the trainroom...

I finished running the last 3 laps after picking up
a car at RIP Track 3. This picture shows the front
of Train 5D heading eastbound.

This picture shows the middle of Train 5D heading EB.

I had two leftover cars that didn't fit the middle, so
this shows where the last two cars are located at the
rear of Train 5D heading EB.

I picked up the caboose and
light-powered back to the
UP Engine facility.

As I was heading home, I stopped and took a picture
of the engine facility beyond the fence.

This would be a cool back yard photo, wouldn't it?

One more project to finish...

Look closely and you can see
one bank of lights are out.

Not any more! The one post was missing a wire.

I added the wire and checked the lighting.
It is now working and everything is back in order.


No comments:

Post a Comment