Monday, January 30, 2023

Week 444

 Sun, Jan 29, 2023 thru Sat, Feb 4, 2023

Sun, Jan 29, 2023

Just a little more work on the RR...

Fixing the track at Harvard Station.
Laying down the glue for the supporting wall.

Supporting wall in place trackside.

One last look at W. Washington St. West Chicago.

Mon, Jan 30, 2023

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair & Jordan Osborn
6-8pm 2 hrs.

Special Guest
Jordan's counselor, Sarah, came to visit tonight.

We ran the excursion train 4A tonight
Correction: Last run was Nov 18, 2022
Duration: 00:00.14 sec.

More Excursion Train 4A
Duration: 00:00.30 sec.

I also took some videos for the Jan 2023 Layout Update

Tue, Jan 31, 2023

Finished editing and adding details to the Jan 2023 Layout Update

Wed, Feb 1, 2023

Happy Birthday Emily!

Produced & Published the Jan 2023 Model RR Layout Update


Plus some train project updates...

Installing another switch for another "dead" track.

I figured out where the electrical "gap" is located.
I've drilled the holes where I will use a feeder to 
bridge that gap. The problem was next to the hole
on the right. For some reason the electricity didn't
flow thru the rail joiner. Go figure.

Here's the picture of the wire soldered to the rails.
See arrows.

I also did some troubleshooting at the crossover
just before Chicago Terminal. I plan on bridging this
bad connection too. Another problem solved.

Thu, Feb 2, 2023

No train activity today.

Fri, Feb 3, 2023

No train activity today.

Sat, Feb 4, 2023

Let's work on the RR...

I will need to figure out how to squeeze into this tight spot.

Here's my diagram so I know how to wire up these
switches.

Success on the new switch. However, the old switch
is not working. I will need to remove it and make sure
the connections are solid.

I'm trying to capture the locomotive
on the track with the rear lights on and 
the power switch on the facia which 
controls the power to this track.

I am going to capture the clock after each session
so I can log the time. For this afternoon the
on-the-job time is 64 mins.


1 comment:

  1. Always amazing how many things pop up to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete