Monday, February 6, 2023

Week 445

 Sun, Feb 5, 2023 thru Sat, Feb 11, 2023

Sun, Feb 5, 2023

Working on the RR...

Since I had to get under here to do some wiring,
I also took the opportunity to rearrange and clean!

Hard to see, but the lights are all working now.
One of the highway lights was disconnected, so I
reconnected and now we're all set.

The fog rolled in as I took this picture...

I got into my drone and shot this night photo
of the street lights all lit up. Looks nice, don't you think?

I worked 1.5 hrs. on this project.

All set for Rob to take this loaded unit coal train
back to the Melrose Park Power Plant.

Nice picture of the Powder River Basin West Yard.

Mon, Feb 6, 2023

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair & Jordan Osborn
6-8pm 2 hrs.

The start of our session tonight.

I will run the Commuter Train 1C from Chicago Terminal
to Geneva and then back to Chicago Terminal

Rob has already brought the Unit Coal Train 2A EB
from the Powder River Basin to the Melrose Park Power Plant.

Finishing off the evening thinking of one more project
before we call it a night.

Rob is "roughing" up W. Washington Street in West Chicago.

This week my goal will be to put in the seams for the concrete
highway and paint it gray and weather the street.

Maybe try to install the sidewalks.

Tue, Feb 7, 2023

No train activity today.
My dad is in the hospital.

Wed, Feb 8, 2023

No train activity today.
Still there...

Thu, Feb 9, 2023

No train activity today.
Maybe dad will be coming home tomorrow?

Fri, Feb 10, 2023

Hopefully dad will be coming home today!
I got up early and was able to work on the RR...

I wanted to finish up the last road section of
W. Washington St. in West Chicago.

My work area where I cut out the road pieces.

The final section now in place.
Time to glue and...

...wait for the weights.

Sat, Feb 11, 2023

Jordan and I stopped by B&G for some purchases...

Here's what I bought:
I'll be able to finish off Marion Street scenery.
I will also be able to finish off the Grade Crossings 
at W. Washington Street, West Chicago.
And finally, I will be able to install UP5 at Melrose Park.

Jordan stopped over so I could show him some of 
the spots where the items we purchased at B&G 
would be placed.

And of course, the cost.
Brick Road (scenery) $11.98
Concrete Grade Crossings (track work) $11.98
UP5 (Electrical Accessories) $18
Tax $3.57
Total $45.53




No comments:

Post a Comment