Monday, September 5, 2022

Week 423

 Sun, Sep 4, 2022 thru Sat, Sep 10, 2022

Sun, Sep 4, 2022

Working on the RR...

The tools of the trade ready to wire up
the traffic signals.

Today I got under the layout and wired up the
traffic signal lights to the traffic controller.

Working traffic signals...so cool!
Duration: 00:00.32 sec.

Special Guests
Katie Smiley, Ben Berg & Jan Berg

Mon, Sep 5, 2022

Happy Labor Day!

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair
6-8pm 2 hrs.

I put up some signage where the dwarf signals will be placed

I also drew up the schematics for the wiring of the
dwarf signals.

Closed up of the drawings.

Rob Fair is installing the dwarf signal switches.

Here is the template we'll use for mounting.

I began working under the layout to drill the holes
for the dwarf signals at the end of the line.

I removed the end track sections.

Another view.

Opposite view.

Rob Fair making progress.

Finishing up installing the first set of dwarf signal switches.

Video for Jordan - a quick summary of tonight's activities...
Duration: 00:00.31 sec.

Tue, Sep 6, 2022

No train activity today.

Wed, Sep 7, 2022

I had some time to work on the RR today.

Here's what I accomplished...

First, I drilled the holes from the bottom up.

Same thing, other side.

Then I worked on the framework for the dwarf signals.

Three different drill bits to use to finish the task.

Now to put the top on the framwork.

I need to install the other 8 switches.

Here's what the back side will look like.

And this is the location where I will mount the board.

Before I mount the board, I will pre-wire all the signals.

That should be an interesting mix of wires...

Thu, Sep 8, 2022

No train activity today.

Fri, Sep 9, 2022

No train activity today.

Sat, Sep 10, 2022

Working on the RR...

Time to dismantle the practice board and connect
the wires to the switches in the actual board.

Looks like a mess of wires...

This shows the middle of the switches connected together
for one side. I'm pretty sure the right side is done.

And now the middle section is complete. I've connected
the middle posts of the switches together.


This will be very tedious, but it needs to get done - little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment