Monday, January 4, 2021

Week 336

 Sun, Jan 3, 2021 thru Sat, Jan 9, 2021

This Week's Goals

1. Continue work on California Ave. Coach Yard entrance off Sacramento Blvd. 

This Week: Need to add utility poles, power station, and finish north side entrance.

2. More Weathering Locomotive Roster 

This Week: Continue on CNW fleet - quite a few more to go...

3. Coming soon: Work on streets/parking lots in Industrial Park

This Week: Will try to cut the "asphalt to start the base of the operation.

4. Continue work on Clinton Ave. wall sections

This Week: Move this down the list until I purchase more parts.


Sun, Jan 3, 2021

My dark work area. Usually I use a lot more light
but I wanted to show tools and equipment...

Another dark photo. What the switch will look
like once it's installed.

Working on the new design for switch installation.

Instead of using the metal plate which would've
required a new drill bit purchase, I settled for a 
block of wood for the switch installation.

Here's the switch mounted under the layout.

This is the wiring diagram so I don't mess up.

Soldering the wires to the track ends.

What the switch looks like recessed into the facia.

Here's the other switch mounted on the block
of wood instead of the metal plate.

I like this look much better.

Mon, Jan 4, 2021

BIG DAY TODAY! 
Train Day!

First ever Operating Session on my Basement Train Layout.

I've captured it in this YouTube Video

Length: 08:23 min.

Tue, Jan 5, 2021

I was going to change the truck on this car.
However, when I went to change I realized the wheels
were already metal, so I went thru inspection and it passed.

Two Videos of some paperwork lessons from yesterday
Length: 00:31 sec.

Length: 00:22 sec.

I did some more switching tonight.
All the cars with 3,4,& 5 digits are in the UP Yard
westbound (foreground - south tracks Proviso Yard).

All the cars with 6 digits are in the CNW Yard
eastbound (background - north tracks Proviso Yard).

Another first tonight.
I've never really "classified" cars before.
Another new experience.

Wed, Jan 6, 2021

Look what came in the mail today!
Yeah!

Running a classification train from one mainline to the next
Length: 00:00:29 sec.

Thu, Jan 7, 2021

Weathering my new Kato UP C44-9W #9564
BEFORE

AFTER

Fri, Jan 8, 2021

After subbing today at Corron Elementary I took a trip to B&G Train World and bought some supplies
Here's what I bought. I needed more space at PRB
for our next operating session.

Let's not waste any time.
Let's lay down the track.

Finished!
I also installed the ground throws.

Here's another picture from the other direction.

Now for some VIDEOS of the new Kato paired locomotives moving down the new laid tracks at PRB
Length: 00:00:33 sec.

Length: 00:00:27 sec.

Sat, Jan 9, 2021

The new C44-9W locomotives paired up looking fine!

Return trip to Melrose Park Power Plant.

Jordan Osborn stopped by for a quick update.
He noticed the gaps in the tracks so we took care 
of that straight away.

After switching the loaded coal train the paired
C44-9W locomotives return to the UP Engine Shop.

Loaded Unit Coal Train split up and parked ready
to be unloaded.

This Week's Goals Progress Report

1. Continue work on California Ave. Coach Yard entrance off Sacramento Blvd. 

This Week: No progress whatsoever due to the first ever train operations Monday night.
Next week: Need to add utility poles, power station, and finish north side entrance.

2. More Weathering Locomotive Roster 

This Week: Finished UP fleet. 
Next week: now need to continue CNW fleet

3. Coming soon: Work on streets/parking lots in Industrial Park

This week: No progress
Next Week: Will try to cut the "asphalt" to start the base of the operation.

4. Continue work on Clinton Ave. wall sections

This Week: Stopped by B&G to order parts
Next week: Wait until parts arrive to move this item up the priority list...

No comments:

Post a Comment