Monday, November 23, 2020

Week 330

 Sun, Nov. 22, 2020 thru Sat, Nov.28, 2020

This week's goals:

1. Continue work on CNW Power House

Progress: Now working on the back and the side.

2. Install lights on CNW Powerhouse chimney

Progress: Train Day! Project

3. Begin work on California Ave. Metra Maintenance Facility entrance off Western Ave. 

Progress: Not Started


Sun, Nov. 22, 2020

Cleaned Main line track 1 tonight.

Mainline track on right has been cleaned.

After cleaning the track, I also vacuumed the debris.

I also used the wheel cleaning tool to clean the wheels of AC6000

Mon, Nov. 23, 2020

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair 6-8:15pm 2.25 hrs.
and Jordan Osborn 6:15-7:45pm 1.5 hrs.

Here's what we did tonight. 
A little of this and a little of that...

Jordan Osborn showing us his new phone.
He was sooooo excited!

Rob Fair starts the night at the workbench.
His job tonight will be to install
the lights on the CNW Powerhouse chimney.

Not sure why this was taken sideways.
I didn't do anything different. 
Oh well...sorry :(
Length: 00:00:23 sec.

I installed the toggle switch for the engine track.

I also drilled the hole for the wires to light the 
CNW Powerhouse chimney.

Rob Fair making progress on light installation.

Jordan worked on his phone tonight.
Just good to have him with us as we work.

I also installed the toggle switch for the other
engine track at the end of the yard.

CNW Powerhouse chimney in place but not installed.


Tue, Nov. 24, 2020

I wired up the main line track heading into
the Powder River Basin.

Then I wired up those wires to the engine track and the
switch on the facia.


I'm going through a hard time right now with 
sideways videos. I have no idea why this is happening...
Length: 00:00:29 sec.

I was pretty excited about getting this done tonight.

Wed, Nov. 25, 2020

Concentrating on organization and clean-up this week...
I need to figure out how to store the "ballast"

Trying to keep the Powder River Basin clear.



Thu, Nov. 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!

More work on the Powder River Basin...

I figured out where to store the "ballast".
Do you see?

Yep, under the table. I think this will work...

Fri, Nov. 27, 2020

Before the family comes out for Thanksgiving today
I wanted to run the main entry to the Powder River Basin
all the way to the wall.

I also wanted to straighten up my workbench.
It has been neglected long enough.

Josiah and I put some trains together.
Note the coupling tool he is about to grab.


And put it to use as well as using the flashlight
to see better. He's quite a guy!

Before the family left I wanted to have Joshy come and help me run some trains.
I put together this video to capture the moment.
I hope you enjoy it.


Sat, Nov. 28, 2020

A little of this and a little of that...

Since the chimney base isn't even ground level,
I needed to make the level ground even.

I found a piece that I can use for the base of the chimney.

After putting in a piece of "asphalt" for
leveling I glued the pieces in place,
weighted down the pieces and now
I wait.


While that sets, I've been having problems
switching off the power at the Central Command Center.
I tested the battery and found it was a little low.
Instead of a full 12v it was only 11.5v.

I also took some time to take Josh's PRB coal train
and park it at the Melrose Park Power Plant.

I brought it in at night and did all the switching
under the stars. Here's another view of the finished
assignment.



This Week's Goals Progress Report:

1. Continue work on CNW Powerhouse

Progress: Now working on the back and the side.

2. Install lights on CNW Powerhouse chimney

Progress: Installed light fixtures, next up: Wire them up!

3. Begin work on California Ave. Metra Maintenance Facility entrance off Western Ave. 

Progress: Not Started


No comments:

Post a Comment