Saturday, August 8, 2020

Week 314

Sunday, August 2, 2020 thru Saturday, August 8, 2020 

This week's goal:

1. Finish work on West Chicago Downtown footprint.

I'll be on vacation all week in northern WI.

Let's see how we do...

Sunday, August 2, 2020

No train activity today.

Monday, August 3, 2020

No train activity today.

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Working on laying out the building for West Chicago downtown on paper.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

A little more work on West Chicago downtown planning.

Thursday, August 6, 2020

I've been working on the West Chicago Downtown footprint at the Zielke Family cabins in northern WI.
Here's the work I've done so far...
I used the drawing with dimensions to figure out
where the buildings should be located in downtown
West Chicago.

Here's the building layout for downtown
West Chicago.

I flipped the picture so you can see another side.

Friday, August 7, 2020

No train activity today.
Traveling back from Cornucopia WI

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Wait until you see what I did today.
I'll start with the end result and work back to just one building.


Here is downtown West Chicago using mirrors to
make one square block look like four square blocks.

One (of four) street faces.

Two of four street faces.

The third of four street faces.

And finally, the fourth of four street faces.

Here's a drone view of the finished square block.

Less one building.

Less another building.

As you can see we're going back in history.

Still subtracting one building at a time.

Still going down by one...

Now there is six.

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two.

And then there was One.

I started with this one because this was the only footprint
I didn't have cut out to put in place like the other ones. 
I had to wait until I got home to see if it would fit. 
And it fit perfectly!
How often does that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment