Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Week 315

Sunday, August 9, 2020 thru Saturday August 15, 2020

This week's goal(s):

1. To elevate West Chicago downtown

2. Secure 2x4 used to elevate West Chicago downtown

3. Finish ballast in the South Power District 

Goals set, let's see how we do...

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Worked from 1pm to 2pm (1 hr.)
Then Special Guests later in the evening.
See below:
Now before I start working on West Chicago downtown, I need to finally finish the old EJ&E line that makes the diamonds at West Chicago Turner Junction. I'll need to remove the downtown area and the template.

With the template removed I can put down the cork and then the stub line.

Here's a view from the ground. I like it. This line will disappear under West Chicago downtown. Not that accurate from the prototype, but you do what you can do when you model.

Here you can see the old EJ&E line and the buildups to support the elevated WeGo downtown.

Another view.

Instead of using plywood, I thought I'd try using 1 1/2" foam boards. Hopefully this will give me enough support to hold the downtown buildings. If not, I can always go back to plywood.

After using the template to cut the foam boards I placed it back on top of the boards.

SPECIAL GUESTS
Mom & Dad came down to see the progress. They are always impressed with what they see.
Dad just shakes his head and wonders how I do it.

Monday, August 10, 2020

Train Day!
w/Jordan Osborn 7-8pm (1 hr.)
Rob Fair has the night off.

Jordan Osborn prepares for the night session.

I plan on placing the supports in the proper position to allow a lift out in the middle.

Here you can see how each edge is supported by 2x4 bases. That will be enough support to hold the foam boards in place.

Here you can see the lift out section where the downtown area will sit.
I will be able to lift this section out to service the electrical part of downtown West Chicago.

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

No train activity today.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Special Guests
Cameron Passaglia and Carlos Baez stopped by for a visit today.
Jordan Osborn looks on in the background.

Group photo pose with social distancing in place.

Where's Cameron?

I don't know how he did it, but can you see the Monster truck?
Cameron back at work making things happen on the RR.

Thursday, August 13, 2020

No train activity today.

Friday, August 14, 2020

No train activity today.
Watching grandkids all weekend.

Saturday, August 15, 2020

No train activity today.
Still watching grandkids.

No comments:

Post a Comment